Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilover Ride Height Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some help from Model 3 Performance owners running Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilovers. I have a 2021 M3P and can squeeze 3-4 fingers in the wheel gap (depending on angle). I’m getting the MPP Comfort Coilovers installed next week and the shop has asked me what settings on the perch I want because obviously they can’t keep putting the car on the lift adjusting and asking me what I like. My goal is to avoid a slammed look and maybe get 1-1.5 fingers worth of wheel gap which is small but still adequate for daily driving. Also I will be running 245 tires and 5mm spacers front and 15mm rear. Could anyone here let me know what setting they went with and if possible a photo showing the stance? Thanks in advance !

Honestly, I would just follow the recommended settings. They won't make the car slammed.

FRONT:

FRONT SPRING PERCH OFFSET: START AT 74.4mm
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT: 377mm (Hub to Fender)
FRONT BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

REAR:

REAR SPRING PERCH OFFSET: 24mm (this is the gap between the bottom of the spring perch and the top of the body – see photo)
REAR RIDE HEIGHT: 382mm (Hub to Fender)
REAR BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

PXL_20210808_235726990.jpg

Honestly, I would just follow the recommended settings. They won't make the car slammed.

FRONT:

FRONT SPRING PERCH OFFSET: START AT 74.4mm
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT: 377mm (Hub to Fender)
FRONT BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

REAR:

REAR SPRING PERCH OFFSET: 24mm (this is the gap between the bottom of the spring perch and the top of the body – see photo)
REAR RIDE HEIGHT: 382mm (Hub to Fender)
REAR BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

View attachment 705812
Agreed with @MasterC17 , the initial settings are great for most of our coilover owners!

Reactions: 500e
Hey guys, if our rear wheel well is lower than the front shouldn’t the hub to fender be lower in the rear? I’m sick of scraping on driveways so roughly set it to 14.75” rear and 15” front (center of hub to fender). I have TSportline sideskirts so measure the battery height is no fun.

This looks a little high but I’ll wait to see if it settles.

Attachments

• 55ADC59C-E2C5-4E31-AF31-32A8DD26C3E8.jpeg
    55ADC59C-E2C5-4E31-AF31-32A8DD26C3E8.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 187
Hey guys, if our rear wheel well is lower than the front shouldn’t the hub to fender be lower in the rear? I’m sick of scraping on driveways so roughly set it to 14.75” rear and 15” front (center of hub to fender). I have TSportline sideskirts so measure the battery height is no fun.

This looks a little high but I’ll wait to see if it settles.
I would definitely drive the car and make sure it settles down then remeasure! We like to go by ground to battery measurements because this tends to be the most consistent for us.