Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving out of the waiting room...into delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the "delivery is scheduled" text this morning and checked for a VIN. I have both now!!!
I ordered 4/29, and two months to the day (assuming fit and finish is good) I will be a new owner of a Red/White/19"/FSD/No Tow Model Y. The VIN is: 18xxx.

I am scheduled for a Monday 6/29 delivery appointment, so I am hoping all is well with her. I live about an hour away from the SC, so I am thinking of making the drive Sunday and doing a no pressure (lots are closed on Sundays in Colorado) external inspection before going back on Monday.

Needless to say I am excited, and hoping for the best. Sorry to all those $2500 holders that are still getting screwed on their deliveries. I dont understand how they chose to deliver cars, but I am hopefully mine will be OK.

When you get it, don't post - DRIVE!
Great advice....especially since I live 75 miles from my SC. Have to do at least that to get home. :)
I am hoping all goes smoothly. I hope to do an informal inspection Sunday when they are closed by walking the lot, then come back up and do the real thing on Monday Delivery Day. Then drive her home and inspect it closer in the garage while "moving in" it. I have all my accessories sitting in my garage waiting for a home.

Great advice....especially since I live 75 miles from my SC. Have to do at least that to get home. :)
I am hoping all goes smoothly. I hope to do an informal inspection Sunday when they are closed by walking the lot, then come back up and do the real thing on Monday Delivery Day. Then drive her home and inspect it closer in the garage while "moving in" it. I have all my accessories sitting in my garage waiting for a home.

Where are you taking your delivery? I'm scheduled for delivery in Littleton tomorrow.

G
Got the "delivery is scheduled" text this morning and checked for a VIN. I have both now!!!
I ordered 4/29, and two months to the day (assuming fit and finish is good) I will be a new owner of a Red/White/19"/FSD/No Tow Model Y. The VIN is: 18xxx.

I am scheduled for a Monday 6/29 delivery appointment, so I am hoping all is well with her. I live about an hour away from the SC, so I am thinking of making the drive Sunday and doing a no pressure (lots are closed on Sundays in Colorado) external inspection before going back on Monday.

Needless to say I am excited, and hoping for the best. Sorry to all those $2500 holders that are still getting screwed on their deliveries. I dont understand how they chose to deliver cars, but I am hopefully mine will be OK.
Great news! Glad to see a Red/White/19" coming your way! That's my config almost!

I was supposed to take delivery today but as I was driving to them they called and said, the car isn't ready as,

1. Screen is not turning on
2. Backup camera isn't working
3. Software update is not working

Still tentatively scheduled for later this evening.
How can they tell the backup camera isn't working when the screen doesn't turn on? o_O

Reactions: Ba2yev
Well, my delivery got pushed. I got the call around 7pm tonight. Apparently my MY is stuck in SLC on the carrier and they are thinking it will not arrive from SLC until Thursday now. :-(

They did offer me a couple of options. They offered two "low mileage (656 and 545) MSM/Black for $700 off sticker, or a Blue/Black with 115 miles (no discount), or wait until Thursday arrival/Friday delivery. They are of course closed Saturday due to the holiday, so I am hoping it will com in on Thursday and we can close before the Holiday weekend.

I guess that is what I get for being excited.

• Informative
Reactions: Hawkstrike
Well, my delivery got pushed. I got the call around 7pm tonight. Apparently my MY is stuck in SLC on the carrier and they are thinking it will not arrive from SLC until Thursday now. :-(

They did offer me a couple of options. They offered two "low mileage (656 and 545) MSM/Black for $700 off sticker, or a Blue/Black with 115 miles (no discount), or wait until Thursday arrival/Friday delivery. They are of course closed Saturday due to the holiday, so I am hoping it will com in on Thursday and we can close before the Holiday weekend.

I bet you could bargain with them, so they could realize that sweet end-of-quarter revenue. But, if you ordered RED, nothing is going to satisfy you except that mouth-watering crimson.

So did you get that beautiful red MY yet?? My config is exactly the same...plus I GOT MY VIN TODAY!! I also have a 18xxx VIN, so our cars will be twins ;).

So did you get that beautiful red MY yet?? My config is exactly the same...plus I GOT MY VIN TODAY!! I also have a 18xxx VIN, so our cars will be twins ;).

Nope. I am STILL stuck in SLC. My latest delivery date is supposed to be tomorrow, but I called yesterday and the trailer hasnt moved yet. They expect the system to change my delivery date yet again. This will be the fourth delivery date change I will have had. They are supposedly "researching as to why it hasnt left yet" but I think they are stalling for some reason. Perhaps your VIN and mine are the same, and you are getting mine. :)

Nope. I am STILL stuck in SLC. My latest delivery date is supposed to be tomorrow, but I called yesterday and the trailer hasnt moved yet. They expect the system to change my delivery date yet again. This will be the fourth delivery date change I will have had. They are supposedly "researching as to why it hasnt left yet" but I think they are stalling for some reason. Perhaps your VIN and mine are the same, and you are getting mine. :)
I sure hope we are not contending for the same Y!! My VIN is 186xx, if it helps ;)...

As expected, my date tomorrow has been canceled. I have requested that the computer stop auto scheduling me when it thinks my delivery is going to be and just have a human call me to schedule my appointment when the car actually gets to Denver. They "think" it should be picked up by the end of the week, but those are just guesses.