Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving, shipping your Tesla to Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not worry about warranty, there were never warranty problems with my MB's (in 4 years and with just about 25000 miles driven) and I do not exspect any with my P85 (same amount of miles driving in 4 years). I am German and use public transportation wherever it is possible (train and busses to work for example)

But warranty might include things like firmware upgrades but also any service bulletins. I can't count how many things Tesla had to change and repair since I purchased the car.

Tesla S from US to EU

Hello all,
I am going to bring my Signature Model S with 416PS to Europe. To buy the same in Europe isn't possible.
So I dont want to sell it in US.

Two questions:

• Is there any body in CA who could exchange the US charging port to EU-TYPE 2 so that also supercharging is working?
  • As the car has Dual Chargers is it possible to use them with Type 2 charge port for 2-phase charging?

Thanks
Exchange US to EU charge port.jpg

I would really reconsider selling in USA and re-purchasing (new or used) in EU.
You will get all sorts of "challenges" when you import a USA car here:
1) charge port is different (means only USA UMC will work)
2) internal chargers are single phase (EU chargers can also do 3-phase)
3) no supercharging possible anymore
4) connectivity (SIM is difficult to replace)
5) your warranty (if any left) will be void
6) Tesla might not even offer paid repairs on import car
Etc.

O.K. I get advice from Tesla Motors and give up. I just will sell it. Anybody reading this living in CA wanting to by my car can contact me.
Peter
Hello Peter, I am moving to Germany for two years so don't want to sell. I am told that supercharging and radio, navigation etc will not work but I will be able to drive as a regular electric car. Can you provide me your contact for shipping and modifying car to EU standards? Appreciate your help!