Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MPP comfort coilovers finally installed on my LR AWD. I went with the recommended settings off the website. Had it installed by Hybridpit up in Buena Park if anyone in SoCAL needs a place. Roger the owner has a Model 3 as well and is really a great guy to work with.

So far I'm noticing tighter driving, stiffer & more road noise. Don't have an opinion on the comfort level yet. Coming from a G37, I would say it's acceptable, will need more time with the car. I don't think the car has settled yet, but I can't complain about this for a daily.

Photos below show car dropped, couple install photos, and a couple rear/front comparisons between recommended height & OEM.

IMG-6141 edited.jpg
62094493574--6DD67739-CA4D-41FE-92E0-990D54F17AF7.JPG
62094495324--394A1BEF-86BE-4C67-AC89-6CA353466CE3.JPG
62094503398--ED0D35FC-415F-4E38-8EB0-7BB32718264D.JPG
62094506562--0DB146CE-6ECF-4B65-94DF-F39C7F558CA6.JPG
IMG-5234.JPG
IMG-6155.JPG

Got my MPP comfort coilovers finally installed on my LR AWD. I went with the recommended settings off the website. Had it installed by Hybridpit up in Buena Park if anyone in SoCAL needs a place. Roger the owner has a Model 3 as well and is really a great guy to work with.

So far I'm noticing tighter driving, stiffer & more road noise. Don't have an opinion on the comfort level yet. Coming from a G37, I would say it's acceptable, will need more time with the car. I don't think the car has settled yet, but I can't complain about this for a daily.

Photos below show car dropped, couple install photos, and a couple rear/front comparisons between recommended height & OEM.

View attachment 584677 View attachment 584678 View attachment 584679 View attachment 584680 View attachment 584681 View attachment 584682 View attachment 584683

Doesn't look like a noticeable drop tbh.

Yah it doesn't. I went and checked the measurements and it's off about an inch from spec. Was imaging it just needs time to settle. We'll see in a couple weeks.
I hope you get to post some pictures at that time. I've been planning to order those hoping to close the wheel gap. I know they have the ajustable coilovers but I don't really need that option as I have no plans on tracking.

Yah it doesn't. I went and checked the measurements and it's off about an inch from spec. Was imaging it just needs time to settle. We'll see in a couple weeks.
Coilovers settle almost immediately after a quick spin around the block. You are not going to get lower without adjusting them yourself. If your springs are settling or "sagging" after 2-3 weeks that means you have some cheap springs which is not the case with MPP.

I hope you get to post some pictures at that time. I've been planning to order those hoping to close the wheel gap. I know they have the ajustable coilovers but I don't really need that option as I have no plans on tracking.

Well I'll tell you right now, what I have is definitely not to spec as I had thought. it can go another inch. Right now both front and rear are 3 finger gap, where it's tight. OEM was more like 4 and a little wiggle room. There's definitely room to drop that will close the wheel gap. My friend has the same set with his setting set to lowest and there isn't a gap for him.

I'll take photos again once I make adjustments.

Coilovers settle almost immediately after a quick spin around the block. You are not going to get lower without adjusting them yourself. If your springs are settling or "sagging" after 2-3 weeks that means you have some cheap springs which is not the case with MPP.

I completely agree with you. A lot of different opinions online though. I'm waiting to hear back from MPP.

Well I'll tell you right now, what I have is definitely not to spec as I had thought. it can go another inch. Right now both front and rear are 3 finger gap, where it's tight. OEM was more like 4 and a little wiggle room. There's definitely room to drop that will close the wheel gap. My friend has the same set with his setting set to lowest and there isn't a gap for him.

Having no gap means your friend is definitely risking major scraping to the underbody IMO. I wouldn't go lower than 1.25 inches or so.

Thanks for the info! Question, assuming you driven in your friends car, do you feel a significant difference in ride quality and comfort from yours? Since yours is set to Factory suggested and your friends set to lowest.

Thanks for the info! Question, assuming you driven in your friends car, do you feel a significant difference in ride quality and comfort from yours? Since yours is set to Factory suggested and your friends set to lowest.

I feel as a passenger, any car is always smoother. When I'm driving though, I feel every bump and hear every nuance. Being a passenger in my friends car lowered as it is feels fine daily driving. He says it's good as well. I personally wouldn't do it because if you have a full car you are bound to scrape the bottom, but it does look fly.

After driving my car for 2 days on these coilovers, I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone. Even just lowering it an inch to inch and a half, it's a significant boost to the handling. I plan to lower it another inch so that fender is about a finger above the tire. Road noise is the only negative factor.

I'll post more photos once I go back into the shop to see where the settings were at since I originally though this was to spec.

If you haven’t carried out an alignment, increased road noise could quite possibly be caused by out of spec toe settings, yes.

I'm waiting on my MPP Sports. If I lower about 1.25 ~ 1.5 from stock height is it still possible to get a proper alignment, meaning is there enough adjustability in the camber and toe arms to do so. I'm asking because I don't want to have coilovers installed and lowered only to find out the required about of camber/toe is not possible with OEM arm. If that is the case, I'd order the arms now (camber or toe). Thanks

I'm waiting on my MPP Sports. If I lower about 1.25 ~ 1.5 from stock height is it still possible to get a proper alignment, meaning is there enough adjustability in the camber and toe arms to do so. I'm asking because I don't want to have coilovers installed and lowered only to find out the required about of camber/toe is not possible with OEM arm. If that is the case, I'd order the arms now (camber or toe). Thanks
There is no camber adjustment at all, but the toe adjustment will be enough to compensate for lowering. Our toe arms are simply a performance upgrade and 100x easier to adjust than the stock arms!

Reactions: richoki
OK. Finally received and installed my MPP Adjustable Comfort Coilovers. Also bought the MPP adjustable rear camber and toe arms. And finally to complete the look, I put 15mm (Bloxsports) spacers on the front and rear.

I just couldn’t bear the thought of someone (any suspension shop) messing around with my vehicle. So, I installed everything myself with the help of some friends who are really into car mods and tracking their vehicles. I definitely could not have done this myself, since this was the first time that I’ve ever tinkered around with the suspension on any vehicle. It took us about 4 hours to get everything done from start to finish. We took our time and thankfully did not run into anything unexpected. I prepped myself for the install by watching a few YouTube DIY install videos, reading MPP’s written instructions and even had a brief phone call with Jesse at MPP to see if he had any tips/suggestions not covered in their written instructions. The prep work & research really made the install fairly smooth and easy. As others have mentioned, the most difficult & time consuming part was compressing and removing the OEM front springs... which was not really that bad/difficult.

I went with MPP’s recommended perch height settings (74mm for the front and 24mm for the rear). This setting lowered my vehicle by about 1.25”. So, I basically went from a 4-finger to a 2-finger wheel gap... which in my case and for my fingers, translates to a wheel gap of 1.5”. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the fender arch is now 27.5” (+/- 1/16”) at all four wheel locations.
For compression & rebound, my preference is a softer ride. So, those settings are currently at 14 (compression) and 12 (rebound).

So, did these Coilovers transform the ride and make a huge difference in comfort and handling? Well, not really in my case/opinion. There is indeed a noticeable improvement in terms of comfort and handling over stock... and I do feel these coilovers have taken away some of the edge/harshness that I previously felt with the stock suspension. However, I would not call the improvement a night & day difference over stock. To be fair, I have not yet taken my vehicle to the track or on any really twisty roads to give the new suspension a good test. I suspect those driving conditions are where I’ll notice more of a difference.

Am I satisfied/happy with these coilovers? Absolutely, YES... because they have met my primary goal of being able to lower the vehicle (to get that more aggressive look/stance) but without any of the negative side effects (like a harsher and less comfortable ride). In fact, the coilovers have made my lowered vehicle more comfortable than at stock height and with stock suspension.
So, I would definitely recommend coilovers to any average Joe who is looking to lower their vehicle but also does not want to sacrifice ride quality/comfort.

And now for some photos... again with 15mm spacers all around.

8A6F8CC7-97ED-4353-A0F2-21699DEBF9D9.jpeg

AF555F7D-0543-44DD-9944-2ED089D8669B.jpeg

260F9A0E-65B9-48D5-900E-8A49DDBCDF02.jpeg

76C65F09-2211-4890-A20E-B79827121B84.jpeg

66736F09-A7B0-4C39-8D3A-7035971C07DD.jpeg

OK. Finally received and installed my MPP Adjustable Comfort Coilovers. Also bought the MPP adjustable rear camber and toe arms. And finally to complete the look, I put 15mm (Bloxsports) spacers on the front and rear.

I just couldn’t bear the thought of someone (any suspension shop) messing around with my vehicle. So, I installed everything myself with the help of some friends who are really into car mods and tracking their vehicles. I definitely could not have done this myself, since this was the first time that I’ve ever tinkered around with the suspension on any vehicle. It took us about 4 hours to get everything done from start to finish. We took our time and thankfully did not run into anything unexpected. I prepped myself for the install by watching a few YouTube DIY install videos, reading MPP’s written instructions and even had a brief phone call with Jesse at MPP to see if he had any tips/suggestions not covered in their written instructions. The prep work & research really made the install fairly smooth and easy. As others have mentioned, the most difficult & time consuming part was compressing and removing the OEM front springs... which was not really that bad/difficult.

I went with MPP’s recommended perch height settings (74mm for the front and 24mm for the rear). This setting lowered my vehicle by about 1.25”. So, I basically went from a 4-finger to a 2-finger wheel gap... which in my case and for my fingers, translates to a wheel gap of 1.5”. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the fender arch is now 27.5” (+/- 1/16”) at all four wheel locations.
For compression & rebound, my preference is a softer ride. So, those settings are currently at 14 (compression) and 12 (rebound).

So, did these Coilovers transform the ride and make a huge difference in comfort and handling? Well, not really in my case/opinion. There is indeed a noticeable improvement in terms of comfort and handling over stock... and I do feel these coilovers have taken away some of the edge/harshness that I previously felt with the stock suspension. However, I would not call the improvement a night & day difference over stock. To be fair, I have not yet taken my vehicle to the track or on any really twisty roads to give the new suspension a good test. I suspect those driving conditions are where I’ll notice more of a difference.

Am I satisfied/happy with these coilovers? Absolutely, YES... because they have met my primary goal of being able to lower the vehicle (to get that more aggressive look/stance) but without any of the negative side effects (like a harsher and less comfortable ride). In fact, the coilovers have made my lowered vehicle more comfortable than at stock height and with stock suspension.
So, I would definitely recommend coilovers to any average Joe who is looking to lower their vehicle but also does not want to sacrifice ride quality/comfort.

And now for some photos... again with 15mm spacers all around.

View attachment 591629

View attachment 591635

View attachment 591636

View attachment 591639

View attachment 591640
Great to hear the installation went well. Did you get an alignment ? Also it seems like you are very happy that the car is lowered and still more comfortable than stock. The more seat time with the MPP coilovers will make you appreciate them more and more IMO. They definitely damp rough road bumps much better than stock. Your 3 looks super nice. Also if you need an even smoother ride you probably would want 18 inch rims. But the 19s look so nice.