Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear the installation went well. Did you get an alignment ? Also it seems like you are very happy that the car is lowered and still more comfortable than stock. The more seat time with the MPP coilovers will make you appreciate them more and more IMO. They definitely damp rough road bumps much better than stock. Your 3 looks super nice. Also if you need an even smoother ride you probably would want 18 inch rims. But the 19s look so nice.

Thanks. I really did not express it well in my previous post, but I am thrilled with the result! The lowering combined with the wider stance from the spacers has now given me the look that I’ve always sought and sort of envied with Telsa’s Performance Upgrade Package (with the 20” wheels). While I really liked the look of the 20” wheels, I did not like/want the firmer ride and other negatives associated with the 20’s. That is why I ended up buying a Stealth with the stock 19’s. Now, I truly feel like I have the best of all worlds with my current set-up!

Certainly nothing wrong with 18’s, but I’m one of those who thinks an 18” wheel simply looks too small on a Model 3. This is obviously just personal preference.

I have an alignment scheduled for next week.

Reactions: bcpm3p
Two lucky guys. There is a less than 1% chance that would happen in my house.

Yeah that's what I would have thought in terms of my household too but after getting a set of MPP Sport Coilovers for my car, my wife said she wanted her car "pimped out" as she put it, and "hunkered down" like mine! She also said she really liked the chunky look of the 275/30-20 Pilot Sport 4S at the rear. Hah!!

I was stunned needless to say. Of course I obliged and we are putting on a set of comfort adjustable coilovers on her Model 3 Performance beginning of next week

Last edited:
Any thoughts on wheel fitment with MPP Sport lowered 1"~1.25"? With past cars (E92) 19" was enough, but the Model 3 seems to have a larger wheel well. Any one experienced or opinion on 20" and lowered? Thinking Front: 20X8.5 +35 Rear: 20X10 +40

Street use, not for track

Extremely pleased with VS Forged VS14 style, in a 9.5 inch width, 10.5 at the rear with 265/30 front and 275/30 rear Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I've lowered the car about 1.3 in from stock performance model ride height, and overall couldn't be more pleased. Have the shocks set rather firm at 10 compression 8 rebound probably a little stiff for most people on the street but I really like the extra tightness. Because the wheels tuck in nicely people have no idea how seriously wide these tires are compared to stock. Until they bend it into a corner!

20200721_182323.jpg

Reactions: KingsT910
Yeah that's what I would have thought in terms of my household too but after getting a set of MPP Sport Coilovers for my car, my wife said she wanted her car "pimped out" as she put it, and "hunkered down" like mine! She also said she really liked the chunky look of the 275/30-20 Pilot Sport 4S at the rear. Hah!!

I was stunned needless to say. Of course I obliged and we are putting on a set of comfort adjustable coilovers on her Model 3 Performance beginning of next week
Your status just went from lucky to revered.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt
Finally got my MPP coils in. Went in pretty smooth. Only have about 100miles of seat time but I love them. Firm yet no sacrifice in ride quality.
Started with MPP’s recommended “sport” settings for the performance. (70mm front, 18mm rear)
Didn’t quite get the stance I wanted so ended up @ 60mm front, 12mm rear.

Attachments

• 3961FE61-A7AA-49F9-9804-C13504777878.jpeg
    3961FE61-A7AA-49F9-9804-C13504777878.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 6609E31E-E45C-4C96-95B2-7BB1449BB4A4.jpeg
    6609E31E-E45C-4C96-95B2-7BB1449BB4A4.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 1220BDB6-D85C-4860-BB2F-DD8744430ED8.jpeg
    1220BDB6-D85C-4860-BB2F-DD8744430ED8.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 7D8F287A-8F61-453E-B647-CA14B2E2E86B.jpeg
    7D8F287A-8F61-453E-B647-CA14B2E2E86B.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 264
Finally got my MPP coils in. Went in pretty smooth. Only have about 100miles of seat time but I love them. Firm yet no sacrifice in ride quality.
Started with MPP’s recommended “sport” settings for the performance. (70mm front, 18mm rear)
Thank you for the photos and comments!!!!

Reactions: dfwatt

What are the specs for your TEs? Also what rear diffuser is that? One of the best I've seen for these cars thus far!

Anyone have tips on how to dial in a .75" drop from OEM with the comforts for dual motor? I just had a shop install it and I specifically requested a .75" drop. But, they totally missed the mark and got me at 1-1.25" drop. They said they put them side by side to the oem assembly and made the pre-adjustment to try to get me at my requested height. Now, with me overthinking it, I don't want to ask them to simply raise it by a quarter of an inch because I don't know if that'll get me to the ride height I was aiming for based on my current height.

Can you elaborate please?

Google Archimedes and the principle of leverage . It's the difference between motion at the hub and motion at the Spring perch. The hub is outboard of the Spring perch so it's going to move more than the Spring does. What Clive is talking about is that ratio which reflects the difference between the distance of the Spring perch to the pivot point and the hub to the pivot point. If you know that number you know how to much to adjust the Spring perch in order to create whatever change in right height you want

Reactions: Clivew
Anyone have tips on how to dial in a .75" drop from OEM with the comforts for dual motor? I just had a shop install it and I specifically requested a .75" drop. But, they totally missed the mark and got me at 1-1.25" drop. They said they put them side by side to the oem assembly and made the pre-adjustment to try to get me at my requested height. Now, with me overthinking it, I don't want to ask them to simply raise it by a quarter of an inch because I don't know if that'll get me to the ride height I was aiming for based on my current height.

Jesse @ MPP has told me the rough rule of thumb is 1mm of perch height adjustment results in 1.2mm of ride height adjustment in the front for LR AWD. For the rears it's a bit harder. If you went with the recommended setup off the website of 24mm rear and drop it to 12mm, it's about an inch extra. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I am leaning toward installing the non-adjustable comfort coilovers. Just out of curiosity, what are the rebound/compression numbers for the non-adjustable if it was adjustable?

Spring for the adjustable versions (pun intended). The money you save Is pretty modest but the functional difference is significant. Plus when the shock wears you can simply adjust it to be slightly firmer. That feature alone is worth the extra money.

Spring for the adjustable versions (pun intended). The money you save Is pretty modest but the functional difference is significant. Plus when the shock wears you can simply adjust it to be slightly firmer. That feature alone is worth the extra money.

What? This makes no sense. The non adjustable ones just mean they are fixed at a set rate MPP decided was optimal for that application. Adjustable is user desired. I'm not sure if dampening was ever intended to overcompensate for normal wear and usage of shocks.

What? This makes no sense. The non adjustable ones just mean they are fixed at a set rate MPP decided was optimal for that application. Adjustable is user desired. I'm not sure if dampening was ever intended to overcompensate for normal wear and usage of shocks.

Clearly you have not owned many sets of aftermarket shocks! Yes of course kW in consultation with mountain pass picked a setting for rebound and compression that was a compromise across a lot of potential user scenarios. But that compromise setting for both compression and rebound might not suit everybody all the time in all scenarios.That's one issue. The other issue is that of course shock valving wears a little bit overtime. You in fact can compensate that by dialing up shock firmness. The fact that you don't know that says again you don't have a lot of experience with this