Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were discussing whether MPP would pay for the labor cost of fixing the squeak, at your installation shop. I haven’t seen MPP address that. All I have seen is that they are supplying the parts to fix it.

I'm sorry but that would be unprecedented. I've never heard of an aftermarket part that needed to be installed as a modification of an existing aftermarket part where the distributor or the producer paid for the labor. That just doesn't happen. I honestly think that you're confusing this with OEM manufacturer liability and warranty issues. They're not the same however.

Last edited:
The sense of entitlement I see by some people always disappoints me. A lot could be said on the sue-happy, litigious culture of the US, but I will refrain from doing so in the interest of going off-topic.

Needless to say, the "malfunctioning" part has zero effect on the function or safety of the product, seems to only have effected a small number of customers, and MPP has proactively manufactured a solution for everyone as soon as they became aware, all at their own cost.
MPP has no liability to pay for any minuscule (if any) labor costs for the small handful of people who already have this product installed.

Legally going after a company of just a few employees for <$100 of labor at the first hint of a small noise that someone else had on a forum is childish, self-serving, and hurts the overall mission of EV's by discouraging any quality aftermarket companies from wanting to continue doing business. These companies, and Tesla in general, are already having a hard time pushing against the embedded status-quo as it is, let's not kick the little guys who are doing good things because we're greedy.

Whoo hoo, finally received my MPP AWD Comfort Coilovers. :D (Not all parts shown in photo)

Does anyone have a recommendation for LA/SoCal installer?

I look forward to trying these out on our 2nd worst roads in the country.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Love
Reactions: Skione65
My installer said they would not go any lower. I'm not an expert just repeating what they told me.

MPP is sending out a part that they had made at their own expense to resolve the creaking issue. Will have that installed next week and report back. Very satisfied they were able to take care of the issue quickly!

Reporting back after having the new spacers installed that MPP sent to replace the tender springs in the front. I'm very happy to report that all that creaking noise is 100% gone AND the ride is much improved along with a small improvement in road noise! They now feel like I expected them to feel. Silky smooth over bumps and cornering is fantastic. If you have an earlier kit that didn't come with the spacer, even if yours aren't creaking, I still recommend having the spacer installed as it rides much better.

One bit of information to note. With the spacer installed, the ride height can't go quite as low as before in the front (still plenty low), but MPP did let me know that " You can get it at least another 5mm lower by loosening and re tightening the lower and upper control arm bushings at the new ride height. They are likely quite pre-loaded right now since they were tightened at the factory with the arms lower than where they rest now."

Very satisfied customer! I'll try to post more pics when I wash the car tomorrow.

Reactions: MountainPass
Reporting back after having the new spacers installed that MPP sent to replace the tender springs in the front. I'm very happy to report that all that creaking noise is 100% gone AND the ride is much improved along with a small improvement in road noise! They now feel like I expected them to feel. Silky smooth over bumps and cornering is fantastic. If you have an earlier kit that didn't come with the spacer, even if yours aren't creaking, I still recommend having the spacer installed as it rides much better.

One bit of information to note. With the spacer installed, the ride height can't go quite as low as before in the front (still plenty low), but MPP did let me know that " You can get it at least another 5mm lower by loosening and re tightening the lower and upper control arm bushings at the new ride height. They are likely quite pre-loaded right now since they were tightened at the factory with the arms lower than where they rest now."

Very satisfied customer! I'll try to post more pics when I wash the car tomorrow.

Folks should just look at the revised MPP install instructions - but I'm going to save folks who don't want to (or are undermotivated to that bit of extra work) do that by posting pictures of altered setup. It's plain as can be:

New front space pic.jpg
New front stack pic.jpg

Note the sequence of rubber isolater ring, then Teflon, then stainless steel ring. Also note the revised lower perch setup.

Folks should just look at the revised MPP install instructions - but I'm going to save folks who don't want to (or are undermotivated to that bit of extra work) do that by posting pictures of altered setup. It's plain as can be:

View attachment 421459 View attachment 421460
Note the sequence of rubber isolater ring, then Teflon, then stainless steel ring. Also note the revised lower perch setup.

It bears emphasis that even though this was not a major redesign, this was done on MPP's nickel and at their total initiative.

Just got my rear Sports coilovers installed. Still don't have all the parts for the fronts but those are due later today assuming the Canadian mounties get it here in time. Fronts go on tomorrow. Rear feels super tight, firm but not harsh, and at least as good a ride as stock. Sits about an inch lower which is just perfect for me with several High driveways that I have to get in and out of. Probably not low enough for a hardcore track junkie but boy does it sit nicely especially with those 275 / 30 PS4s.

Also got the rear camber arms installed. Combined with the rear coilovers the rear suspension looks totally professional and way nicer than stock.

Highly recommend National Tire & Battery in Nashua. Talk to Sterling. They do great work at reasonable prices.

Sigh.

Had car in for install of the sports coilovers, and they forgot to install the helper springs.

Yeah, I know, the spacers are recommended, but I was willing to chance it. And even though I made it clear that the MPP instructions refer to the spacer, I told them to use the springs. Somehow, they still "forgot". Now I'll have to wait until Monday. So dumb.

Sigh.

Had car in for install of the sports coilovers, and they forgot to install the helper springs.

Yeah, I know, the spacers are recommended, but I was willing to chance it. And even though I made it clear that the MPP instructions refer to the spacer, I told them to use the springs. Somehow, they still "forgot". Now I'll have to wait until Monday. So dumb.

Bummer. I had a similar bummer experience when the Canadian mounties (Canadian postal service but they must hand it off to somebody in the USA?) not show up with my spacers today as promised, so I couldn't get the fronts installed and it's unlikely I'll be able to get them installed even this weekend.

Chomping at the bit to experience the full coilover set.

Sigh.

My installer forgot to install the rear bushings that sit at the top of the damper assembly. They don't sit or fit inside the rear top hats which have a small well (they are too big in terms of their outside diameter for that) I'm wondering if a smaller bushing that sits in that well would be a more logical fit? What did you think of that when you did your install?

Installing my comforts today..

My installer is telling me that the stock KW dust cover is going to break and the MPP instructions don't mention it.

Does anyone know if it should get removed? He's working on it today so if anyone can reply, a thousand thank yous!

From MPP:
Spring-Stackup.png

Last edited:
Installing my comforts today..

My installer is telling me that the stock KW dust cover is going to break and the MPP instructions don't mention it.

Does anyone know if it should get removed? He's working on it today so if anyone can reply, a thousand thank yous!

From MPP:
Spring-Stackup.png

I don't have the Comforts ( I've got the sport coilovers and I couldn't be more pleased) but I'm not sure what your installer means. The dust cover just slides over the body of the shock when the shock is fully compressed. So I have to say I have no idea what your installer of describing.

Reactions: tracksyde
I don't have the Comforts ( I've got the sport coilovers and I couldn't be more pleased) but I'm not sure what your installer means. The dust cover just slides over the body of the shock when the shock is fully compressed. So I have to say I have no idea what your installer of describing.

Hm not sure either but I read on KW forums that for other cars, people have broken them and some people say just get rid of them if its causing problem. I'll find out more when I pick the car up. thanks!