Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my MPP Comfort Coilovers installed by ACG Automotive in San Diego. So far so good. It's on the lowest setting (I believe) but I will most likely raise it up a bit as I am scraping on some driveways with people in the back. So far feels a bit stiffer than stock, but I've only really driven about 100 miles or less so far, so still in the break in periodView attachment 443449 View attachment 443450 View attachment 443452 View attachment 443453 View attachment 443454

Looks good.
Confirm that they installed everything properly. Besides messing up the install, and then installing it too low, they missed a rear rubber isolator on my install.

I am very happy with my new Comfort Coilovers from Mountain Pass Performance and KW. VERY happy. The car is definitely more comfortable and better handling than stock.

They were installed yesterday at West End Alignment in Gardena, CA, which I also highly recommend. Chris is fanatical, meticulous, prompt, and communicative.

The vibrations coming into the cabin are reduced. “Muted” is the word that immediately came to mind. “Muffled“ may apply. I was aiming at road defects and smiling.

It is quieter. Sound is vibration, so less vibration means less noise in the cabin. I never heard anyone say that. It was a surprise to me.

It clearly corners much better, with less body roll. Clearly. More smiles. The flatter cornering adds to the comfort as well as the excitement. I don’t know why MPP doesn’t claim this. There must be ways to measure it so they can. If there’s no app for that, how about a bowl of water on the floor, and measure the spill?

Of course it looks better. It looks right. My installer agreed with the MPP height recommendation. Mine are set a few mm above the MPP recommendation to allow for slight settling.

The stock setup was annoying. Now my M3P rides like the German cars I am used to. The only downside besides the time and money is that I will probably wear out my tires faster now that it corners better.

I am very happy with my new Comfort Coilovers from Mountain Pass Performance and KW. VERY happy. The car is definitely more comfortable and better handling than stock.

They were installed yesterday at West End Alignment in Gardena, CA, which I also highly recommend. Chris is fanatical, meticulous, prompt, and communicative.

The vibrations coming into the cabin are reduced. “Muted” is the word that immediately came to mind. “Muffled“ may apply. I was aiming at road defects and smiling.

It is quieter. Sound is vibration, so less vibration means less noise in the cabin. I never heard anyone say that. It was a surprise to me.

It clearly corners much better, with less body roll. Clearly. More smiles. The flatter cornering adds to the comfort as well as the excitement. I don’t know why MPP doesn’t claim this. There must be ways to measure it so they can. If there’s no app for that, how about a bowl of water on the floor, and measure the spill?

Of course it looks better. It looks right. My installer agreed with the MPP height recommendation. Mine are set a few mm above the MPP recommendation to allow for slight settling.

The stock setup was annoying. Now my M3P rides like the German cars I am used to. The only downside besides the time and money is that I will probably wear out my tires faster now that it corners better.

If you have any nice photos of your car, we would love to add it to our customer's builds/testimonials section. Glad to hear you love your car even more than before, that's our goal!

How low do you have yours set at?

So you have the Dual Motor Performance version correct? With the stock 20 inch wheels? It sounds like you experience the car as somewhat better isolated in terms of the small grain and harshness of the road? How about over larger impacts? I'm toying with the idea of getting the Comfort coilovers for my wife's car. I have the sports coilovers on mine which I love, but that's overkill for her. Getting better ride and handling if that's possible while fixing the ride height issue seems worth it. Do you have any pictures that you would feel comfortable posting? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I have no input on that for you. I didn’t notice dipping and diving prior. However, since there is less side roll, I would guess there is less to and fro movement also, since it is governed by the same mechanism, no?

There is definitely less dive with the sports coilovers, but I suspect there's somewhat less with the Comfort coilovers too. The big difference is the shocks are not adjustable, and the spring rate is a little firmer on the sports coilovers. But a lot of brake dive resistance is actually coming from the shocks and not just the springs.

So...mountainpass...

I'm about to throw some OEM 20s on my lrrwd and want to upgrade the suspension to go with it. I've driven the new BMW m3 on the track and loved it, but not on the street. I recently had an E36 M3 on stock springs but upgraded struts and I loved the ride of that. With my Tesla, I want form but comfortable. I almost fear that the comforts would feel too soft... Thoughts?

So...mountainpass...

I'm about to throw some OEM 20s on my lrrwd and want to upgrade the suspension to go with it. I've driven the new BMW m3 on the track and loved it, but not on the street. I recently had an E36 M3 on stock springs but upgraded struts and I loved the ride of that. With my Tesla, I want form but comfortable. I almost fear that the comforts would feel too soft... Thoughts?

The sport coilovers even set at say 10/8 where I have them set which is a little bit firmer than their recommended Street settings is away softer and more compliant car than the late generation BMW M3. So if you're worried about the ride being too harsh for the street, no need to worry. Set to the recommended Street 12/10 compression / rebound, they are very compliant and only just a little bit firmer than stock on our performance models. It's a fantastic kit. I've put on a total of 6 coilovers on various cars over the past 25 years. These are easily the best. The other very reassuring thing is you can have total confidence if there's any kind of problem that Mountain Pass will take care of it or help you get it resolved. They are a highly responsible outfit.

The combination of the MPP Sports coilovers and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S will literally transform your rear wheel drive model 3.

Last edited:
The sport coilovers even set at say 10/8 where I have them set which is a little bit firmer than their recommended Street settings is away softer and more compliant car than the late generation BMW M3. So if you're worried about the ride being too harsh for the street, no need to worry. Set to the recommended Street 12/10 compression / rebound, they are very compliant and only just a little bit firmer than stock on our performance models. It's a fantastic kit. I've put on a total of 6 coilovers on various cars over the past 25 years. These are easily the best. The other very reassuring thing is you can have total confidence if there's any kind of problem that Mountain Pass will take care of it or help you get it resolved. They are a highly responsible outfit.

The combination of the MPP Sports coilovers and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S will literally transform your rear wheel drive model 3.
Thank you for the kind words, it made our morning. I run the Sports coilovers on my personal car at the low grip/technical track settings which are firmer than the street recommendation that @dfwatt is referring to and it is perfect for me. My last car was an E36 M3 with Bilstein/H&R combination suspension and it blows it out of the water.

-Jesse

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dfwatt and JGard