Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been SERIOUSLY thinking about these MPP Comfort coilovers recently. I had the UP Super Performance on my LR AWD but just sold that and now have the P3+ and I think I want to do it right the first time. I will probably do these comfort coilovers instead of springs... :D

Coilover sports or comfort wether you will track or not, do yourself a favor, do it right the first time. I am jealous you have a performance car and I have a 2wd and I regret it big time but had to live with it. I did not do the springs and went with Coilover as I don’t want to make the wrong decision/mistake. In other words pull the trigger and go for the Coilover. MPP is an awesome company and they have absolutely great customer support.[/QUOTE]

those are 21 inch Signature wheels correct? Weights? Tires?

Reactions: Xerious
Coilover sports or comfort wether you will track or not, do yourself a favor, do it right the first time. I am jealous you have a performance car and I have a 2wd and I regret it big time but had to live with it. I did not do the springs and went with Coilover as I don’t want to make the wrong decision/mistake. In other words pull the trigger and go for the Coilover. MPP is an awesome company and they have absolutely great customer support.

those are 21 inch Signature wheels correct? Weights? Tires?[/QUOTE]

They are Variant flow form wheels Argon on Japanese falken tires.
20x9 = 24lbs et 30, tires 235 fronts
20x10.5= 25lbs et 45, 275 rears

Reactions: dfwatt
anyone know of a shop in DC area to install these?

(sorry xpost but I need some suggestions!)[/QUO
Actually as beastmode has already suggested do take a serious look at the MPP sports coilovers. If Comfort is a number one priority consider the new hybrid set up that MPP is saying they are going to offer shortly, namely Comfort Springs plus the sport coilover shocks. This gives you several advantages including the ability to compensate for long-term wear in the shock by simply dialing up its firmness. Plus the car becomes significantly more trackable if that's an interest. The sports coilovers take it up to another level and are actually still very comfortable. But you get better control over roll and pitch. Some of that is no doubt coming from the shocks but also some of it is coming from the firmer Springs.
Go for it!

I was looking at the comfort coilovers but now this thread has me thinking of sport coilovers... Does anyone know when the hybrid versions are going to be out?

After a couple back and forth emails asking questions with mpp, they suggested the sports coilovers with soft springs. I just placed the order for sports and added a comment to my order as instructed.

Just heard back from Jesse as well @MountainPass. These guys are just awesome! He specifies they can offer the ‘Hybrid’ setup now. So anyone interested please contact them as I’m sure they’d love your business and they’ve been nothing but exemplary to deal with through my correspondence so far and I’m sure even as much so after the sale!
He says it takes a little bit of extra time to configure these kits (understandably) and that if ordered now should be ready around the end of the month. So currently a few weeks lead time. Please feel free to contact them for any particulars, they have exemplary communication.
@lanek, what drove them to suggest (and you to decide) the hybrid kit? Was it the fact that you’re not racing and want the flexibility of the Sports but the comfort of the Comforts? Or other factors? Thank you for any particulars.

Ski

@Skine65

In email conversations I let them know my #1 concern was comfort followed by performance. I wanted something that was more comfy than stock but wanted to keep performance at least on par with the stock setup. I believe this is why Jesse recommended the sports with comfort springs. I also like the option to dial in rebound/compression and have read where people can adjust to better support local conditions.

Another plus is that I am in Kansas City so we see a lot of salt/chemicals in the winter time. Stainless of the sports should help with that. Lastly, if I ever do decide to track the car, I would like to believe I could source the original harder springs and swap out.

Reactions: Skione65
@MountainPass

I noticed your website shipping estimate changed from the sports from the first two weeks of oct to the end of oct. Was the end of oct for all new orders? Just trying to gauge timing of when I might receive. I have a road trip coming up in November, and would love to have these on my ride before then.

@MountainPass

I noticed your website shipping estimate changed from the sports from the first two weeks of oct to the end of oct. Was the end of oct for all new orders? Just trying to gauge timing of when I might receive. I have a road trip coming up in November, and would love to have these on my ride before then.
We are just trying to nail down KW on a shipping date and add some buffer for delays. Everything has been built except the damper forks, which are expected this week. If they won't be ready for your trip, I will let you know my Kansas friend. - Jesse

• Informative
Reactions: lanek and hocr
We are just trying to nail down KW on a shipping date and add some buffer for delays. Everything has been built except the damper forks, which are expected this week. If they won't be ready for your trip, I will let you know my Kansas friend. - Jesse

Kansas City, Missouri. We can be a little sensitive to that! Chiefs, Royals, downtown... all the good stuff is in KCMO!

That said, amazing customer service from you and the team. Thanks for the update!

Would anyone be able to comment on approximate mm lowering with MPP will bring in the tires? I have 19x9.5 35 up front and it is more poke than I expected. I'm not sure if there will be a big difference or if this is just me trying to find another reason that I "need" coilovers ;)

Would anyone be able to comment on approximate mm lowering with MPP will bring in the tires? I have 19x9.5 35 up front and it is more poke than I expected. I'm not sure if there will be a big difference or if this is just me trying to find another reason that I "need" coilovers ;)

It will get you to ~ 1 degree negative camber if you drop about 1.25 inches, which pulls in the top of the wheel a bit. i also have front RB rotors, which means that the 38 mm offset Vorsteiner wheels could come in another 5-8 mm with 235/35 and still clear the front spindle. If 265/30, could maybe get away with 40 mm offsets IF you have aftermarket rotors. If stock performance rotors, you can get away with 40 mm, but not with a wider tire, and probably not with a 9.5. you can check your front spindle clearance, but if you have performance rotors, 9.5 and 35 mm front is about max.

20190927_104507.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Skione65
It will get you to ~ 1 degree negative camber if you drop about 1.25 inches, which pulls in the top of the wheel a bit. i also have front RB rotors, which means that the 38 mm offset Vorsteiner wheels could come in another 5-8 mm with 235/35 and still clear the front spindle. If 265/30, could maybe get away with 40 mm offsets IF you have aftermarket rotors. If stock performance rotors, you can get away with 40 mm, but not with a wider tire.

View attachment 465344

Thanks for the reply. You will have to excuse my ignorance because a lot of this is new for me. What I was able to understand is that the lowering will create a camber bringing in the top of the wheel. As I understood through some of my reading, the articulation of the two arms coming up actually brings in the wheel as well. So that if I adjusted camber to essentially be like stock; than the wheels would actually come in a bit. Am I mistaken? Or is that what you are trying to tell me. I have the P3D- with which I also understand to have about 5mm extended rotors over the P3D PUP. I do like my wheels but the poke is bothersome especially since the back appears to be perfect to me. I'm running a square setup. I know everyone has their "taste." But essentially I'm looking for ways to bring in the wheel a bit and keep the rims. MPP coilovers was one theory. And then perhaps the MPP rotors will change things as well...although I haven't reasearched that.

You mentioned RB rotors, wasn't sure what that was... Also you mentioned 38 and 40 offset wheels, both of which will bring the wheel in compared to my 35 wheel. Am I pretty much stuck living with poke? Is there a way to compensate? I even considered picking up some PUP rotors if they come up on ebay to gain a little more tuck?

Or after all this, do I need to run staggered if it's going to bother me.

Thanks and sorry for the f/u ?'s.

It will get you to ~ 1 degree negative camber if you drop about 1.25 inches, which pulls in the top of the wheel a bit. i also have front RB rotors, which means that the 38 mm offset Vorsteiner wheels could come in another 5-8 mm with 235/35 and still clear the front spindle. If 265/30, could maybe get away with 40 mm offsets IF you have aftermarket rotors. If stock performance rotors, you can get away with 40 mm, but not with a wider tire, and probably not with a 9.5. you can check your front spindle clearance, but if you have performance rotors, 9.5 and 35 mm front is about max.

View attachment 465344

I love your setup. Is the ride height set on your coilovers the default MPP recommended setting or did you go lower? Thanks in advance!