Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I think I'm going to swap to some 255/35 on the OEM 20" wheels, I've got some 5mm spacers sitting here, but I might go a little wider in back, maybe a 10mm with the extended shank lugs.
I've never ridden in a MPP Non-adjustables but I hear they're pretty comfortable. So you should be good on that front.

Perhaps someone else who lives in someone else who lives near the coast or on salted winter roads can speak to the corrosion resistance of the non-adjustables.
I have a set of Aspira 15mm spacers that I had on my '21 M3 Performance for a month before I found a great deal on my current wheels that I couldn't pass up. If it works for your application pm if you're interested.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
I've never ridden in a MPP Non-adjustables but I hear they're pretty comfortable. So you should be good on that front.

Perhaps someone else who lives in someone else who lives near the coast or on salted winter roads can speak to the corrosion resistance of the non-adjustables.
I have a set of Aspira 15mm spacers that I had on my '21 M3 Performance for a month before I found a great deal on my current wheels that I couldn't pass up. If it works for your application pm if you're interested.

If you live somewhere with lots of salt used during the winter we would recommend one of our stainless steel kits. The golden zinc finish on the non-adjustable kit will be eaten by the salt! The non-adjustable kit will still work fine, but it won't be as beautiful as when you opened the box.

If you live somewhere with lots of salt used during the winter we would recommend one of our stainless steel kits. The golden zinc finish on the non-adjustable kit will be eaten by the salt! The non-adjustable kit will still work fine, but it won't be as beautiful as when you opened the box.

Hey! They were responding to my post here:

I had a couple of questions about Adj vs. non-Adj, in the context of 1) general suspension improvement, 2) durability (no salt on the roads, just live close to the ocean).

Hey MPP! For Vancouver BC weather condition. Do you think non - adjustable kit will survive? Or should I opt for the adjustable stainless kit ? I personally don't think I'll be adjusting all the much. Most likely set it and forget it.

Hey MPP! For Vancouver BC weather condition. Do you think non - adjustable kit will survive? Or should I opt for the adjustable stainless kit ? I personally don't think I'll be adjusting all the much. Most likely set it and forget it.
Vancouver should be fine since you guys are mostly getting rain. I would recommend getting underbody washes to keep the suspension clean if you do drive in salty conditions of course!

Reactions: JTan24
Hey! They were responding to my post here:

I had a couple of questions about Adj vs. non-Adj, in the context of 1) general suspension improvement, 2) durability (no salt on the roads, just live close to the ocean).
The Comfort Non-Adj kit is like... 80% as soft as the Adjustable kit can go. More versatile as well if you plan on moonlighting as an autocross or track day driver. Without salt on the roads, there won't be a difference, but if you live somewhere like us, it makes a big difference to have stainless steel.

Received my MPP Non Adjustables a few days ago. I wanted to go a step further to protect against Western Pennsylvania rust given these do not have the stainless bodies. I taped off all labeled stickers, shock pistons and dustboots, etc and hit them with some black engine enamel. I think they came out really nice, and should further prevent rust over the factory coating.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 247
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 195
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 162
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 169
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 173
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 210
I’m really curious if non adjustable version on a 21 M3P will have less body roll and floaty feeling at higher speeds.
Yes that's been already confirmed although the difference is not dramatic in terms of body roll but the significant Improvement in rebound control does make for discernible difference in floaty sensations. If you're really concerned about body roll you want to get the sport coilover set

Received my MPP Non Adjustables a few days ago. I wanted to go a step further to protect against Western Pennsylvania rust given these do not have the stainless bodies. I taped off all labeled stickers, shock pistons and dustboots, etc and hit them with some black engine enamel. I think they came out really nice, and should further prevent rust over the factory coating.
Wow, nice job, looks like they came out of the box like that, and heck, for a part that's going to be hidden under the car, that's perfect.

Reactions: nick0188
Are those adjustable end links needed? I haven’t studied the stock sway bar design to really know how the angle will change

Yea I ended up buying them as I boogered up the threads on the rear links when I initially installed the sway bars and it drove me nuts.

I just got done the install actually. I enjoyed being able to take static load off of the swaybar with the adjustable links.

I got MPP Comfort Non Adjustable coilovers installed last week. I also got the Front Lower Control Arm Bearings and the Brake Master Cylinder Brace. The upgrades have been worth every penny! The suspension feel is night and day. It just smoothes out all the jagged edges and makes every impact big and small, softer. I love it! The front control arm bearings have sharpened the steering response and the brake master cylinder brace has tightened up the braking response as well. Overall, a more tuned and comfortable package on my M3P. I only use it for daily driving and will never track it, so the adjustable ones or the other extra stuff was not really necessary for me.

A couple of issues I noticed tho:
  1. I have the pinging noise from springs as has been documented in this thread: MPP Comfort Coilover making ping sound when turning wheel. It doesn't bother me much, since it is only at parking lot speeds (<10mph) and only on the front driver side. I have taken the mitigations mentioned in the thread but it has not helped much. I am giving it time to see how it evolves. To their credit, MPP and Jesse have been spectacular in their support with the issue.
  2. I chose to lower the car 0.5 inches to fill up the wheel wells a bit better for aesthetic purposes only. However, I found that the coilovers settle downwards themselves resulting in an overall lower setting than what I wanted. I will likely be raising it back up to stock.
  3. It's weird that the front wheels now sit a bit forward in the wheel wells. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The shop where I got the install done stated that this is expected as a side effect of the install especially since there's no front caster adjustment on the M3P. If you've experienced this, were you able to fix it while maintaining the lower height? See the photos attached here.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 185
I got MPP Comfort Non Adjustable coilovers installed last week. I also got the Front Lower Control Arm Bearings and the Brake Master Cylinder Brace. The upgrades have been worth every penny! The suspension feel is night and day. It just smoothes out all the jagged edges and makes every impact big and small, softer. I love it! The front control arm bearings have sharpened the steering response and the brake master cylinder brace has tightened up the braking response as well. Overall, a more tuned and comfortable package on my M3P. I only use it for daily driving and will never track it, so the adjustable ones or the other extra stuff was not really necessary for me.

A couple of issues I noticed tho:
  1. I have the pinging noise from springs as has been documented in this thread: MPP Comfort Coilover making ping sound when turning wheel. It doesn't bother me much, since it is only at parking lot speeds (<10mph) and only on the front driver side. I have taken the mitigations mentioned in the thread but it has not helped much. I am giving it time to see how it evolves. To their credit, MPP and Jesse have been spectacular in their support with the issue.
  2. I chose to lower the car 0.5 inches to fill up the wheel wells a bit better for aesthetic purposes only. However, I found that the coilovers settle downwards themselves resulting in an overall lower setting than what I wanted. I will likely be raising it back up to stock.
  3. It's weird that the front wheels now sit a bit forward in the wheel wells. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The shop where I got the install done stated that this is expected as a side effect of the install especially since there's no front caster adjustment on the M3P. If you've experienced this, were you able to fix it while maintaining the lower height? See the photos attached here.
I've never seen that before so I would reach out to MPP and get their take on it. I wonder if your front lower control arm bushing was properly installed.

It's weird that the front wheels now sit a bit forward in the wheel wells. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The shop where I got the install done stated that this is expected as a side effect of the install especially since there's no front caster adjustment on the M3P. If you've experienced this, were you able to fix it while maintaining the lower height? See the photos attached here.
That is weird, I don't think I've seen that before from pics. You might reach out to MPP to see what they say.

Edit: Found two posts w/pics where this is somewhat apparent, but not all cars look this way. The wheel should move slightly backwards under compression since caster tilts the struts backwards. Yours seems more extreme than both examples I found? Weird.

Last edited: