Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coils NUMBERS ONLY THREAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Quatrac Pros installed today. 255/45R20. 42 PSI.

I did a quick test drive for a few miles. Definitely seemed to ride smoother for me.

Settings are 13/13 front and 13/11 rear for the MPP Comfort Coilovers.
I have the same tires (although 19"s), thinking about the same settings and tire PSI for the rough local roads around me. Did you find smoother settings (MPP settings and PSI) or is this still the best you found?

36k miles, MPPs at 25k miles.

Now on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s, OEM size...255/45 X 19. Decided to try dropping tire PSI to 38, ambient temps around 50f.

Adjusted the MPPs to a firmer setting all around: F: 10/10, R: 8/8.

The softer tire PSI number allows the sidewalls to flex more, dramatically softening the harsh "slap" of concrete expansion cracks.
The firmer compression/rebound helps to control the additional mvmt of the lower PSI tires.

This is the smoothest setting I've found so far.
Are you still running this set up? Curious what speed you're hitting the concrete expansion cracks, as I'm trying to find the best coilover and PSI settings for rough local roads (speeds between 10-30 mph).

I have the same tires (although 19"s), thinking about the same settings and tire PSI for the rough local roads around me. Did you find smoother settings (MPP settings and PSI) or is this still the best you found?
Still running the same settings. I am planning to go 14/14 front and 14/12 in the rear to try it out. Haven't messed with it since it is winter and cold. :)

I am also not the best person to judge this stuff. I don't have any real experience with feeling the different settings.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sudsington
Still running the same settings. I am planning to go 14/14 front and 14/12 in the rear to try it out. Haven't messed with it since it is winter and cold. :)

I am also not the best person to judge this stuff. I don't have any real experience with feeling the different settings.
Those are the what I'm currently running at 38 PSI. It's really comfortable at low speeds, but I get a lot of low frequency suspension/linkage noise from our rough roads. That's why I was considering tightening up the suspension while keeping PSI at ~38.

Reactions: JonB65