Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Customer Service/Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo! He updated his signature on the forum too! Nice job on the installation, I like seeing people get their hands dirty.
haha definitely had to update the sig too.

So I have some initial driving impressions from the past couple hours of driving around. The car feels more direct. To that, I mean when I turnt the wheel to go somewhere I feel like it does it more intentionally and less sloppy. The ride is a lot better than the stock performance suspension. The bumps aren't as harsh and the ride isn't as bouncy. It is soft when it needs to be, and stiff when carving a corner. It feels much flatter and solid in the turns. I also noticed that the nose doesn't rise as much under full acceleration. Bottom line is I would highly recommend these to anyone that is on the fence about them. I am definitely glad I went this route instead of going springs. So much nicer!

I will update as the suspension settles and if I notice any other characteristics worth mentioning for prospective buyers.

Thanks again to Jessie and team for the awesome customer service throughout the process!

Reactions: Dolemite
haha definitely had to update the sig too.

So I have some initial driving impressions from the past couple hours of driving around. The car feels more direct. To that, I mean when I turnt the wheel to go somewhere I feel like it does it more intentionally and less sloppy. The ride is a lot better than the stock performance suspension. The bumps aren't as harsh and the ride isn't as bouncy. It is soft when it needs to be, and stiff when carving a corner. It feels much flatter and solid in the turns. I also noticed that the nose doesn't rise as much under full acceleration. Bottom line is I would highly recommend these to anyone that is on the fence about them. I am definitely glad I went this route instead of going springs. So much nicer!

I will update as the suspension settles and if I notice any other characteristics worth mentioning for prospective buyers.

Thanks again to Jessie and team for the awesome customer service throughout the process!
I had the same impression with the MPP Sports - rides & handles (way) better than my OEM P3D- suspension. Cost a good bit more but worth it IMO.

I have put about another 1500 miles on the suspension and it is even better than before. It seems to be tightening up and has settled in it feels like. It feels a little more sporty/stiffer than when first installed. I'm about to go on a very long road trip from Florida to Kansas on the 4th and am looking forward to a much better driving experience. Thanks again @MountainPass! Looking forward to getting some more goodies from you guys here soon!

Where? It's secured the whole way up?
74835C29-7C9C-4374-9109-754124AC9670.png

Probably don’t need the upper one but you need the one tying it to the vertical arm. Tesla saved time and money by using rivet instead of a bolt

SK360, Pro-tip- ;-) You can run the front speed sensors inboard from the sensor itself (From the hub, just like the rear sensors are routed). Don't run it up the upright and your problem is gone forever. I also drill a small hole by the the top speed sensor clip so I can zip tie the extra wire from the shorter route. Be sure to cycle the steering both ways before zip tieing it. Oh yeah not that you'll ever burn one up but the rear sensor is the same sensor but a shorter wire. So one soldered front sensor is a good spare for the entire car. I burned up 2 or 3 of them before figuring it out. Bonus tip- you can solder the old sensor wires back together and they work fine. Solder is cheap ;-)

Where is it rubbing? Is it in the bend between the last vertical support and first horizontal support that it can move forward and catch the wheel?
Where is it rubbing? Is it in the bend between the last vertical support and first horizontal support that it can move forward and catch the wheel?
The part with the extra rubber covering it