Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In short, I've configured a Model 3 MR on March 4th with all tasks completed with no follow up. Still waiting for delivery date and VIN.

My configuration: Black M3, Mid Range, Premium White Interior, Aero Wheels

Been checking on the Tesla site everyday to see if VIN number has arrived and consistently called them. No follow up from the company. I've already gotten a loan. 1% APY for 23 months is really good. Just hoping that I can get the car before my loan expires. They bank only lets me complete the loan after I get a delivery date and I am afraid that Tesla may be unable to comply with their 2 week estimate. Tired of hearing "don't know anything about your production schedule" or "you'll hear from us soon during the 2 week period." I hear so many people receiving a VIN with 48 hours. Even if its a 2018 model offered, id be happier than receiving nothing. This is my first car purchase. 46K isn't a small chunk of change for me...

My configuration: Black M3, Mid Range, Premium White Interior, Aero Wheels

Same configuration for me. Ordered 3/2 and haven't heard anything at all but the original email confirmation. According to them, 2 weeks would this Saturday. Why post that as the expected time frame if it's not accurate? Very frustrated.

Ordered 2/28. MR/black/black/19"/AP. Delivery is today in Chicago area, however they called this morning and said the car was delivered to the wrong service center so it's being transported to the correct one now. They offered to drive it out to me and take away my trade, but I want to make sure it looks ok before I accept it.

Ordered 3/1. MSM/black/aero. Received VIN and delivery date of 3/6 on 3/3. Delivery was extended to 3/20 on 3/5. Found out it was a 2018 build on 3/8. Called to exchange for a 2019 and upgrade wheels on 3/11. Now waiting for new VIN. No discount was offered to keep the 2018.

Ordered 2/28. MR/black/black/19"/AP. Delivery is today in Chicago area, however they called this morning and said the car was delivered to the wrong service center so it's being transported to the correct one now. They offered to drive it out to me and take away my trade, but I want to make sure it looks ok before I accept it.

Happy for you. Hope you enjoy it!

Ordered 3/1. MSM/black/aero. Received VIN and delivery date of 3/6 on 3/3. Delivery was extended to 3/20 on 3/5. Found out it was a 2018 build on 3/8. Called to exchange for a 2019 and upgrade wheels on 3/11. Now waiting for new VIN. No discount was offered to keep the 2018.

How did you find out it was a 2018 model? And what were your reasons for preferring a 2019 model?

How did you find out it was a 2018 model? And what were your reasons for preferring a 2019 model?
It was on my loan application. There is also a way to find it in the VIN with Google. I have bought a lot of new and used cars and now I am paying the most I ever did for this one. If for any reason I need to resale it, I am positive the Kelly Blue Book will be higher for the exact same car built Jan 1, 2019 vs Dec 31, 2018. If Tesla labeled this car a 2019 but built in 2018 (like just about all car companies) it wouldn't have made a difference to me. The loan has it listed as a 2018 so I assume the registration will have it the same. If Tesla gave me a discount like some lucky people have had in this forum, I would take the 2018 without hesitation.

Are they just not making MR cars for a while? Over a month and still waiting now. Contemplating if I should just see what’s in inventory.

So I got a call from a Tesla representative in charge of processing my order. I literally had to hunt this guy down. Got his name after multiple calls. He said that they didn't have the configuration I was looking for but will give me one if I get that base black interior instead. Upset but I took it. He said the white interior would take a month (or so, not taking that risk.) I made sure it was a 2019 build and he confirmed. He says delivery will call me within the next 48 hours and will ship in the next couple of days. Was able to get payment completed now and waiting on further instructions. I don't see the VIN though. Kinda weird...but hopeful