Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla wants to make their Q1 numbers look as good as possible. I believe they will find a way to deliver everyone’s orders before the end of the month to pump up their Q1 sales figures. We saw how efficient they became the last week of December when the tax credit and Q4 revenues were on the line.

Tesla wants to make their Q1 numbers look as good as possible. I believe they will find a way to deliver everyone’s orders before the end of the month to pump up their Q1 sales figures. We saw how efficient they became the last week of December when the tax credit and Q4 revenues were on the line.

I hope that’s the case as I’m paying extra for the mid range to assure it would come in the quoted estimates. The rep said the dates are accurate. I a week more or so isn’t a big deal but months off won’t work for us. I’m not willing to settle either as it’s purchase not a lease.

Called again. Looking into changing to black interior with a 2019 VIN. I just picked the wrong config I guess. Fingers crossed!

You have to keep calling until you get someone whose willing to really help it seems.

Their support is pretty poor. They had a white with black yesterday available for me so you might get that one. We aren’t willing to switch to the black. If they can’t deliver by the end of the month I’ll just look at something else. A company that’s run this poorly for support can’t really be relied on later on for assistance. I guess I’m just used to better service coming from Audi, Mercedes and my current Lincoln.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Ash23T said:
White/white also ordered feb 7. So confused as to why I don’t have a car yet.
That’s a long wait. Where are you located ? Something might be up with the white interior.

FWIW, I ordered a white/white MR on Thursday, March 14. When I took my test drive a few days before, the salesperson said she couldn't find any white/white MR cars locally in inventory. (This was out of the Dedham, MA Tesla store; but she checked a series of regional databases as far west as Chicago.) I guess that's a popular color combination, at least relative to Tesla's production.

All the news recently has been about Tesla deliveries going to China and Europe, while shipments to North American delivery centers are down. Presumably they'll ramp up to do a bunch more production for North America soon. If nothing else, they'll want to get cars out before the end of June, when the Federal tax incentive drops again. Personally, I have no problem with waiting that long. If I did, I'd look into a compromise on the car's interior and/or exterior colors.

• Informative
FWIW, I ordered a white/white MR on Thursday, March 14. When I took my test drive a few days before, the salesperson said she couldn't find any white/white MR cars locally in inventory. (This was out of the Dedham, MA Tesla store; but she checked a series of regional databases as far west as Chicago.) I guess that's a popular color combination, at least relative to Tesla's production.

All the news recently has been about Tesla deliveries going to China and Europe, while shipments to North American delivery centers are down. Presumably they'll ramp up to do a bunch more production for North America soon. If nothing else, they'll want to get cars out before the end of June, when the Federal tax incentive drops again. Personally, I have no problem with waiting that long. If I did, I'd look into a compromise on the car's interior and/or exterior colors.

Yes they don’t have any white on white in any configuration. They had a few when I ordered. One was in Austin and one long range awd was local. Both sold within a day.

I never minded waiting, I just needed to know what the timeframe is. I was assured many times it would come in 2 weeks and I went ahead and sold my current car. Seems like production isn’t happening on any configuration at the moment. I just can’t be out of a car for too long.

• Informative
I am assuming changing your configuration after Sunday 3/17 will result in a higher price. You must make your final configuration and bargain any other demo or fleet car that will make sense when they increase the prices.

Correct. Tomorrow is the last day to get the best deal. I’ll take the LR white on white if it was quicker. Problem is no one really knows what’s being produced and what isn’t.

• Informative
Looks like MR is gone! Don't see it listed ...

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

Rear-Wheel Drive
Standard Interior
Standard Range

$24,450

Partial Premium Interior
Standard Range Plus

$26,450

Premium Interior
Long Range

$32,450

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Premium Interior
Long Range

$36,450

Performance

$47,450
No surprise there; it was never meant as a long-term version. Indeed, I was surprised it was still being offered when the SR and SR+ first became available.

Wow I was not expecting them to get rid of that option. My sales advisor is on a mission to see what’s going on with my MR white/white. Will share what he finds out. I was considering canceling my order and getting a black interior instead in the hopes of getting a car sooner but now that it’s off the order page... looks like I’m stuck with my original choice! Come on Tesla, push out those MRs!!!

0EB75F80-D0DB-439B-AE6A-51E4BCB93CA6.jpeg