Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Blue/White Waiting Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no movement on my EDD which starts tomorrow and is still a month long.
My more recently ordered MY has been updating periodically - it's jumping all over the place, but to me that means tesla's logistics are making their best estimates.
if that holds true, then perhaps my blue beast really will come within the month.
i have a pet theory, that based on a prior EDD i had from November 12-December 12 (or similar, i may not have updated in my signature) that the 12th is the real target for delivery - possibly add a few days.
we'll see.
as usual, with all things tesla it is speculation...

I'm cross posting this in case of interest or benefit to anyone...

Minor update - I still can't reach my SA who I think is a great guy. I called several numbers and spoke to a human. The gist - there are a lot of blue and red cars being made, not so much black and white for a while.
they're trying to get the S's out the door, and purportedly the quality has improved - mats, keys, etc. may come after the fact.
My particular car is supposedly wrapping up production - I don't know if it means it started in the que, or painted, or only a fantasy - but from the sound of it, it is actively being produced, as in being worked on today.
then, the fun begins.
I should get a VIN in a week or two. And it is also a question of transport. from what i heard/remembered/understood, rail is actually quicker, and it can take as little as a week and a half to get to me, or it can take longer.
I have a blackout window from the 23rd to the 31st - and he thinks the car can get here sooner or after - so possibly the first week of january which works better for me at this point.
he also said they can only hold cars 3 days - or else i lose it, but since they are making a bunch of blues if i get unmatched i shouldn't worry - it would be quick.
lastly, he said only the plaids are coming with summer tires at this point - i didn't ask 19" versus 21" - truthfully, i'd love to get the summer tires that would be awful for me - and then a check or new set of all season tires which i've seen some folks get.
however, not having an extra set of summer tires may also be a win - less to store (i'm already storing a set for another car), etc.
so, my call left me hopeful. i'm in the start of my EDD which clearly isn't happening today - but it seems i'll get the beast near the end of this month or beginning of next, as i pretty much expected.
it was reassuring to hear a lot of blues are being produced.
lastly, he mentioned Elon wants the S's out so he can ramp up the X's. not sure how true or not that is (makes sense) - i don't know if the X can run in parallel, or machines need to be reconfigured, etc. - i doubt they can easily build an S, and then an X; i imagine they batch everything - 50 blues, 50 reds, whatever and then finally switch out.
i hope there were some nuggets in here of interest or benefit to anyone.

Interesting that the only NF blue/white VIN i've heard of is for a plaid, but i guess that makes sense. i was hoping for a slew of LR's and they may also be coming. As far as I know, the cabin is identical expect for the piping on the seats, and different software. the rest of the hardware to my belief is underneath - so can see them doing a bunch of plaids and then LR's or vice versa - possibly even interchangably

5:00 am this fine Sunday, nuthin. 8:30 a.m. my EDD tightened a bit, from 12/22-12/31 to 12/25-12/31. Me thinks a vin is soon. I’ll be away for those days, so need to to come by tail end so I don’t lose my 3 day pickup window…
no vin, so so much for that SA telling me my car was being finalized last Friday…