Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Frunk opening problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi having just bought the car and not read the manual fully I see that it appears to be important not to press directly above the latch when closing the lid. Looks like we have done this and when we open it pops up but is still held by the latch and wont open. If you stretch you hand in you can manually pull back the latch and open it that way but this isn't ideal. Can anyone diagnose what we have done and is there an easy fix? Seems crazy that its such a fickle design! Thanks

Hi having just bought the car and not read the manual fully I see that it appears to be important not to press directly above the latch when closing the lid. Looks like we have done this and when we open it pops up but is still held by the latch and wont open. If you stretch you hand in you can manually pull back the latch and open it that way but this isn't ideal. Can anyone diagnose what we have done and is there an easy fix? Seems crazy that its such a fickle design! Thanks

I very much doubt it is your fault. The reason for spreading the load when closing is just to avoid stressing the trunk lid. In fact when I picked up my M3 the Tesla guy (at Edinburgh) was showing people how to close the trunk and he just pressed dead centre in exactly the way the manual tells you not to! Just report it but don't mention your worries about how you have been closing the trunk!