Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS in the mid $40k range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a complete newbie here, but for what it's worth...
I think there's going to be a drop in what these cars will sell for very soon. And in my opinion, autopilot will be the cause.
With only 3 months left before I can get my MS (tax credits maxed out this year), I have been watching the used cars with very thorough attention. There are quite a few out there where the owner has confided that (s)he is selling to upgrade. So they're likely motivated enough to negotiate.

But...the autopilot...can't be retrofit and in my opinion is the future master-feature of the car.
And, at least for me, that's worth stretching to get a new car. I've chosen the S70D. And nicely appointed, that car is only $77k after referral and tax credit. Obviously, that's a loose interpretation of the word "only".

Even at $67k (-$10k difference), I still wouldn't purchase a used 2013 S85 RWD without autopilot at this point in time. And I thought about it...a lot! But...autopilot.
Just $.02 from a newbie. Besides...I have to post my first post some time, right?

Great post and I couldn't agree more. Congrats on the new MS70!