Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Greylock Scenic Byway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the Mt. Washington tour this summer, yet I was longing for a scenic mountain top drive. I highly recommend Mt. Greylock for those Model S owners in the CT-MA area longing to stretch their cars range on some beautiful roadways. This past Monday we seized the opportunity of good weather and topped off the battery. From Glastonbury, CT we used 61.5 kwh for the 211 mile roundtrip which included mostly 70mph highway and about 30% winding hilly backroads. Using the Lenox, MA town hall charger during dinner we had just enough juice to get home (ours is a ms60). Despite Mt. Greylock being 3500 Ft, and crossing the Berkshires twice, we averaged 291 Wh/m. Warning though, I believe the scenic byway closes Nov.1st. Here are a few enjoyable Model S photos...
summit.jpg
overlook.jpg
overlook2.jpg
map.jpg

It is a fantastic ride. I bike it whenever Visiting my hometown in the berkshires
restaurant on top is top notch too for dinner. Also can meet lots ' thru hikers ' on the AT on their way to Mt katahdin or Springer mountain!