Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt Shasta charger to Bend, OR worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news, but it's still a tight run in less than ideal conditions between Shasta and Bend.
I didn't want to be "that guy", so thanks for doing it for me. :D
I kind of agree, that I don't see the advantage of putting one IN Bend. It's well covered getting to it from the West/North, (The Dalles, Detroit Lake, Eugene). What is really missing is being able to get to and from Bend from the South and especially East. Klamath Falls and Burns would seem much more helpful than putting one actually IN Bend.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
I didn't want to be "that guy", so thanks for doing it for me. :D
I kind of agree, that I don't see the advantage of putting one IN Bend. It's well covered getting to it from the West/North, (The Dalles, Detroit Lake, Eugene). What is really missing is being able to get to and from Bend from the South and especially East. Klamath Falls and Burns would seem much more helpful than putting one actually IN Bend.

Rocky,

I think much depends if Tesla plans to build out US395 north of Susanville (I have to think that Susanville is logical for travel to and from the Pacific Northwest to Tahoe and Vegas.) If this highway is on Tesla's radar, then Alturas/Lakeview, Burns/John Day will link up nicely for east-west travel as well going to and from southern Idaho.

I "camped" outside Lakeview last week and plugged in overnight nine miles west of Lakeview--even added the campground to PlugShare. Burns was an easy drive, and the 70A charger behind the Chamber of Commerce allowed for 150 minutes of charge and easy reaching Pendleton.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad