Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mud flap body bolt spinning - options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the cyberbeans mudflaps from amazon (quality seems nicer than the last...I love the dual flexibility material). On the rear flaps, there is an extra mount that uses a body bolt. (see pic). One side the screw removed fine but the other side the bolt is just spinning. There is no way to get to it from behind to grab whatever little plate it fastens into. Any ideas how to get this dang bolt out?

1680897688013.png

Wow i didn't think other's would have this issue. I had to open up the wheel well cover to reach in and hold down the other end of the bolt with pliers to allow me to unscrew it. What happened was the metal on the body that the bolt attached to had stripped off. I replaced it with a plastic clip that came with the mudflaps and it did the job. Here's my picasso if it helps:
1681033876588.png

I think sawing off the bolt would've worked a lot better, but I didn't have a dremel handy

Reactions: Pilo and Wu01ok
Y - that was the problem. I just used a grinder to grind off the head of the bolt and pushed it into the 'hole'. Took just a couple of mins once I gathered the tools. Thanks
How do you like the mud flaps so far? I installed a something similar from a brand called Huray. Fortunately, the rear bolts did not cause me any problems.

Hello guys, I have the exact same problem and I did find instructions about removing the wheel arch liner

But in have a few questions before in try anything. Can you remove just the rear part of the liner without removing the wheel, is it enough to access the nut and fix it in place so that the bolt can be fastened?

Thank you so much!
it's a tight fit with one arm with the wheel on, but its definitely doable. If you have a lift or the time/room to remove the wheel, it would make it easier to reach in for sure.