Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flap don’t fit Austin model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, another mud flap thread.
Took deliver of Austin model Y in NY.
Tesla oem don’t fit and Amazon one explicitly claim they don’t fit austin Y.
Rear underside bumper doesn’t have a bolt, though do have different holes that are approximately in right location. Is that even normal?

Wondering if anyone found mud flap that fit Austin model Y
Also noticed a few push clip missing in rear well and both sides. Is there a specific size for these push clips?
Attached pics of under rear bumper with missing bolt and missing felt.

Attachments

• C09CA92F-BD83-4384-AE6F-7908F77D32FD.jpeg
    C09CA92F-BD83-4384-AE6F-7908F77D32FD.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 9B39D809-68EE-47E4-B173-95DE156C5984.jpeg
    9B39D809-68EE-47E4-B173-95DE156C5984.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 393
Pros...
Now I got my 2023 5-seater MYLR , Fremont-built, I am on the fence about the installation/use of mud flaps
So I would like to pick your brains, Please help me out

I live in Wilmington DE/Philadelphia PA area. Never had to use any mud flaps on MB, Lexus, Toyota Rav4, Toyota Camry, Nissan Villager minivan, Nissan maxima.... Do I need mud flaps for 2023 MYLR now?

If so, Tesla front mud flaps vs. After market products (What do U strongly recommend?)

Thanks

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
Pros...
Now I got my 2023 5-seater MYLR , Fremont-built, I am on the fence about the installation/use of mud flaps

I live in Wilmington DE/Philadelphia PA area. Never had to use any mud flaps on MB, Lexus, Toyota Rav4, Toyota Camry, Nissan Villager minivan, Nissan maxima.... Do I need mud flaps for 2023 MYLR now?

If so, Tesla front mud flaps vs. After market products (What do U strongly recommend?)

Thanks
I'm in the PNW so will experience roughly the same conditions of snow/salt as your area. I had the SC install the Tesla mud flaps and PPF on the rear quarter since it would have been free. Can't really think of a down-side to getting the free Tesla ones vs buying 3rd party.

Pros...

Thanks

OEM Tesla Model Y mud flaps are front only and are rather kind of flat. They resemble Rally style mudflaps but in black. Most aftermarket ones are contoured to fit the body molding and include the rear as well. I ended up going with aftermarket front and rears.

I'm in the PNW so will experience roughly the same conditions of snow/salt as your area. I had the SC install the Tesla mud flaps and PPF on the rear quarter since it would have been free. Can't really think of a down-side to getting the free Tesla ones vs buying 3rd party.
Free is great. I have been pressing Tesla for what U got but they told me those are not free in my area . Sh$$t

This is not good. I am getting an Austin built MYLR and has bought a bunch of accessories on Amazon during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. And that includes the mud flaps, good thing easy to return with prime.
I just picked up a 2023 MYLR in late November, Fremont build, and the Tesla shop website now tells me that their mud flaps are not compatible with my vehicle. So maybe they've been reconfigured to fit only Austin-built cars?

I just picked up a 2023 MYLR in late November, Fremont build, and the Tesla shop website now tells me that their mud flaps are not compatible with my vehicle. So maybe they've been reconfigured to fit only Austin-built cars?
The mud flaps won't work with Austin built either. I tried to order thru Tesla and shows "This accessory is not compatible with the vehicles in your Tesla Account". Well I only have one vehicle in my account which is the MYLR picked up last Saturday, so I guess we will not be installing any.

Reactions: GoElectricinSa
Today I brought my one-week-old 2023 Freemont-built Model Y LR5 in for scheduled minor fitment issues (honestly I don't think they improved it) and for adding the no-charge rear door PPF and front Tesla mudflaps that are allowed in our neck of the woods. I stopped in a local forest preserve parking lot on the way home and took a few photos.

Not a ton of coverage on the Tesla free version. One bolt attachment?
i-RMGxNK7-M.jpg

i-r7RxzgM-M.jpg

Somehow, I don't think these will be my last pair of mudflaps for this car. The test is for them to survive their first Chicago winter intact.

PPF treatment, rear doors.
i-RhBG9BN-M.jpg

The mud flaps won't work with Austin built either. I tried to order thru Tesla and shows "This accessory is not compatible with the vehicles in your Tesla Account". Well I only have one vehicle in my account which is the MYLR picked up last Saturday, so I guess we will not be installing any.
FWIW, as I mentioned previously on this thread, my 2023 MYLR, picked up on 11/11, built in Austin in October works just fine with the flaps. Perfect fit. I ordered them directly from the Tesla store online. YMMV, but I think the "not compatible" message is a mistake.

Sorry, another mud flap thread.
Took deliver of Austin model Y in NY.
Tesla oem don’t fit and Amazon one explicitly claim they don’t fit austin Y.
Rear underside bumper doesn’t have a bolt, though do have different holes that are approximately in right location. Is that even normal?

Wondering if anyone found mud flap that fit Austin model Y
Also noticed a few push clip missing in rear well and both sides. Is there a specific size for these push clips?
Attached pics of under rear bumper with missing bolt and missing felt.
Hi. I also h e MIT Model Y and was able to get these and they fit
Check this out! https://a.co/d/bDGfwqv
FYI, they do hang low and scrap at every speed hump but their coverage is good so far

Attachments

• 20221229_161013.jpg
    20221229_161013.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 20221229_160955.jpg
    20221229_160955.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 293
My MYLR (December delivery) is Austin built and the Tesla shop also tells me that the mud flaps (and the trunk storage bins) are not compatible with my vehicle!