Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flap don’t fit Austin model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I brought my one-week-old 2023 Freemont-built Model Y LR5 in for scheduled minor fitment issues (honestly I don't think they improved it) and for adding the no-charge rear door PPF and front Tesla mudflaps that are allowed in our neck of the woods. I stopped in a local forest preserve parking lot on the way home and took a few photos.

Not a ton of coverage on the Tesla free version. One bolt attachment?
i-RMGxNK7-M.jpg

i-r7RxzgM-M.jpg

Somehow, I don't think these will be my last pair of mudflaps for this car. The test is for them to survive their first Chicago winter intact.

PPF treatment, rear doors.
i-RhBG9BN-M.jpg
My Tesla OEM mud flaps only made it through one winter, and they fell off several times. Went through about a dozen extra push pins.

Then this winter, lost both, one in the driveway, one in the wild, gone.

I'm just done with mudflaps. Get so much build up on the car anyway, they are kind of silly.

Attachments

• 63698FFA-C730-46EB-9D3C-FE6480A3ADDD.jpeg
    63698FFA-C730-46EB-9D3C-FE6480A3ADDD.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 156
i ordered these mudflaps. hopefully they fit ok on the austin builds.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804662289711.html
Make sure your ordered is for Model Y (which is NOT on sales)

I installed mudflaps from Tesmania and they look good. Not much snow this yr in/around Wilmington/Philadelphia area so I can't tell its performance, But I think they would perform well. IMO the one sold by Tesla is hanging down more than I want to see (which is good but it's easily broken off if being dragged on snow)