Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Recomendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I make use of the RPM's Mud Flaps. Installation was easy. They were well made as with all of their stuff. No drilling of additional holes in the car to mount.
I had those and I also tried Tesla Shields mud flaps. Both of them had the issue where the contour doesn't match the body on the front right side.

I have the ones from Abstract Ocean

I have the ones from Abstract Ocean.

20211023_103233e2jco.jpg

flapse3jiz.jpg
I installed the same flaps from Aliexpress and they fit very well and look beautiful

So sorry about this question but I am new here. I have no idea how to get the push screws out to enable me to fit the mud guards. I am sure there is an easy way but it escapes me. Any help would be appreciated.
Use a small screwdriver and insert along the edges of the push tab and gently pry off. You probably got new push screws with your aftermarket mud flaps so the original ones can be tossed. There are YouTube videos on this installation as well.

I'm debating adding mudflaps on my car but I'm worried about speedbumps and steep driveways.
For the Tesla M3 OEM front flaps, I felt the base flaps were too short but the extensions were too long, so I cut the extensions shorter.

Second that. I was in the first batch that received those Tesla OEM flaps and I installed them as soon as I got my new car. The rigid plastic part was too short. The long flexible rubber extension rubbed everywhere. In any case, after the 11 days I ran these before my PPF appointment the bottom of my doors was already scuffed (from rock and sand projections). When I took them off I saw that there was a hole that they were not protecting where gunk would accumulate in the car's body. Would not recommend for any type of harsh climate.

For the Tesla M3 OEM front flaps, I felt the base flaps were too short but the extensions were too long, so I cut the extensions shorter.
Are the Tesla OEM ones only for the front?

If so, do you use any on the rear?

Are the Tesla OEM ones only for the front?

If so, do you use any on the rear?
I believe Tesla only sells front flaps for the Model 3. To protect the paint at the back they sell a PPF kit.

Being in Canada, the front flaps came free with my car. The base flaps were preinstalled. I cut and added the extensions myself (which were left loose in the trunk). I didn't add the PPF or anything else at the back.

Just removed the cheap plastic ones that everyone sells. Left rub marks on the paint and I would not recommend them.

Today I installed the Rokblokz splash guards, so I don’t have any driving feedback yet, but I absolutely love how they mount, and they appear very robust.