Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple 2019.28...updates, all seem the same.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last couple of weeks I have received updates 28.2, 28.3 and just yesterday 28.3.1 f9e95acd. I'm not complaining since I enjoy getting new updates. However all the Release Notes have been the same.

Has anyone experienced the same? Has any noticed any differences in those Updates?

28.3.1 has much better auto wiper function. Way more sensitive in mist. Also, I noticed my battery range went up during the update. Weird. I hope it fixes my 10 mile range loss that happened a couple months ago.

"Range" is the fully charged kWh minus the fully discharged kWh divided by the rated consumption (in kWh). Clearly there is lots of wiggle room for Tesla in how they define "fully charged" and "fully discharged". Fewer people would find themselves stranded by the side of the road if "fully discharged" were set to 20% SoC as when the gauges read 0 there would, in fact, be 60 miles left. But that would mean having to advertise the car as having 240 miles range instead of 300. It's easy to see why Tesla might want to play with these numbers a bit from time to time.

My MCU1 car was stuck on 2019.24 for a long time even though software mode is set to Advanced and 82% of Teslafi has 2019.28.3.1. It said latest software is installed.

Restarted the MCU and 10 minutes later it said a new update is available. It took a really long time to install, not finished 2 hours later, just saying "Update complete, checking...". Version says 2019.28.3.1, then I got another update available before the first update completed. It's installing update no 2 now ... strange.