Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple design problems with Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X was a nine month nightmare. 1) The excessively deep windshield made it a greenhouse/hothouse that caused the AC to blast unsuccessfully, creating cold drafts and still overheated seating areas. 2). The middle row seat requires locking in the rear-most position, so my toddler grandchildren were very uncomfortable in the third row; no adults there at all. 3) The main screen froze every couple of weeks such that I had to leave vehicle at dealer as they replaced it entirely. 4) I bought the extended range option to get 230 miles between charges—-I was told by salesman—then on delivery in Dedham MA I was emphatically told not to charge beyond 80% or I would damage batteries. 5) Final straw of betrayal by Tesla: when I tried to get Tesla to repurchase it after 9 months so I could buy a conventional vehicle with sufficient range, the dealer and company rep said they no longer honored their promise because .the corporation was short of capital”. I sold my $120,000 nearly new vehicle to a BMW dealer for only $80,000 and was lucky to get that. My other offers were $65,000 with dealers saying if Tesla won’t buy it with so many faults, why should I risk it? In sort, a car built by engineers with to little design experience, sold with false promises, and not backed up. Never again.

1. The windscreen has pros and cons. Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons. Whenever I get into other cars they just seem so claustrophobic.
2. I agree the third row seems best for small adults and children. I have the five seater so I don't have hands on experience with it, though.
3. Some cars will always have issues. That doesn't make it a design problem. My main screen has never frozen.
4. The sales person shouldn't have phrased it that way. It's not that you *damage* the batteries as such, you just have slightly more degradation. It's pretty easy to get good battery life - just charge to 100% whenever you need it and 80% the rest of the time.
5. What promise?