Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
(There was a thread about this earlier this year in the M3 forum, but decided to post here as that one is dead)

I was driving back from an appointment today and after driving away from a light, got all of the following errors in rapid succession -

Power Reduced ( Front Motor temporarily disabled)
Power reduced (Exiting and re-entering vehicle may restore operation)
Stability control disabled (Drive with Caution)
Traction control disabled (Drive with Caution)
Automatic Emergency Braking disabled
Autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable (Features may be restored on next drive)
Regenerative Braking Disabled ( proceed with Caution)
Automatic Vehicle Hold disabled (use brake pedal when stopping)
Cruise control disabled.

The car still drove although was very slow taking off from the next light. When we got home, we left the car and allowed it to lock. I got back in and everything was fine. I see on my app, in the service section, that 2 of the alerts are listed (the Power Reduced/Front Motor disabled and AEB ones). Wondering if it might have just been a little glitch or if a service appointment is called for. Anyone else get this, and what did you do? Thx.

• Informative
Reactions: Exelion
(I'll keep updating this since folks are viewing it, and for future searches....)

My mobile appointment was changed to a SC appointment, with an 8/12 date. Unfortunately, that's the middle of our week on Cape Cod so I asked if they could see it sooner. I also said I'd need a loaner car. After some back and forth, they said I could bring it in earlier and they would try and fit it in. So, I'm going to bring it in tomorrow (Friday) morning when they open and see what happens. Hopefully they can get it in then and run some diagnostics. The car has continued to be totally normal since the incident occurred on Tuesday.

My wife came home last night and said her MINI Cooper's brake light was on, so that car is in the shop today.... When it rains it pours.....

Reactions: Deutsch100
so the same happened on my 2020 x today. was on ap, 33 mph in the neighborhood approaching a stop sign (have fsd). about 200 ft from the stop sign, car jerks violently and I can hear a loud grinding noise. I thought I got read ended. got the red take over immediately display. after that I had several errors.
ap disabled
stability control disabled
traction control disabled
regen braking disabled
auto braking disabled

the car was in roll mode and I had to engage brake otherwise it would roll backwards while in drive. brought it back home. reset didn't fix. I didn't charge the car just left in garage. luckily got a software update 2021.12.25.7 2 hrs ago and those errors have disappeared. going for a test drive now to see if the system has been reset and car is back to normal. I also scheduled a service and was assigned mobile service. coming next week.

update didn't fix the issue. need to wait for the mobile service visit. another Tesla owner thinks it is the 12 volt battery. I did leave my car in my garage unused for 1month (plugged in) while I was on vacation. Don't know if that caused an issue. Was able to drive about 30 miles (used ap) after my trip before this incident with ap/regen malfunction.

Attachments

• PXL_20210730_030511488.jpg
    PXL_20210730_030511488.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: metier
here is another post that might be relevant for my issue since I believe that the symptom today showed up while the car was braking.

Interesting. I actually went to the Lawrenceville NJ SC this am and talked to the service guy there (not a tech but an advisor, I guess). I really wanted to know whether they could review this remotely - he said that typically their techs do review all upcoming service appointments (mine is 8/12) so he took my info and said that he'd make sure they reviewed my errors today or tomorrow and they'd give me a call with what I need to do. I've done about 150 miles since this happened and no recurrence.

Ok, just reporting back status.... I did hear back from Tesla Service (after reaching out yesterday afternoon) via the app - they advised that they viewed the logs remotely and don't see any indication of an issue, so it appears it was a one-time deal. Especially as evidenced by the fact that everything worked fine after the car locked and was reopened. I tend to agree as I've put almost 200 miles on the car since then with no recurrence. So off to Cape Cod early Saturday morning!

Reactions: Velcade
(There was a thread about this earlier this year in the M3 forum, but decided to post here as that one is dead)

I was driving back from an appointment today and after driving away from a light, got all of the following errors in rapid succession -

Autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable (Features may be restored on next drive)
Cruise control disabled.

The car still drove although was very slow taking off from the next light. When we got home, we left the car and allowed it to lock. I got back in and everything was fine. I see on my app, in the service section, that 2 of the alerts are listed (the Power Reduced/Front Motor disabled and AEB ones). Wondering if it might have just been a little glitch or if a service appointment is called for. Anyone else get this, and what did you do? Thx.
I just had everything except the first two (SR+ so I don't have the front motor) pop up on me going 65mph on the expressway very scary at those speeds to say the least. I immediately exited as I was unsure if it was safe to continue driving or if the whole car was gonna conk out on us

Called emergency service they were like unless you need us to come tow it we can't help but they transferred me to my service center where they didn't pick up (they have never picked up that phone) but their automated attendant was like nope buddy you gotta use the app if you want any shot at getting service

Once I settled down it seemed like it could still drive so I took a chance and continued on, got home safely, hit the interwebs and tried all the resets I could find there, no bueno.

I gave up, tried to set an appointment and The app pushed me to mid August for a mobile appt with no option of a service center appt prior to that either.

I came here found threads regarding this, I took someone's advice here and just brought it to them first chance I got and asked if someone could tell me if this was the type of issue that could wait until mid Aug and also if the car was safe to continue driving until then

Dude was super cool he said its probably just a wheel speed sensor and they'll just fix it now. Turns out it wasn't that but he fixed it nonetheless

So yay TMC, and Tesla Service Center

On a side note, I kid you not I DID NOT see nary a phone when I was there, NOT ONE! guess it kinda explains why no one answers

Reactions: Garnetter
I just had everything except the first two (SR+ so I don't have the front motor) pop up on me going 65mph on the expressway very scary at those speeds to say the least. I immediately exited as I was unsure if it was safe to continue driving or if the whole car was gonna conk out on us

Called emergency service they were like unless you need us to come tow it we can't help but they transferred me to my service center where they didn't pick up (they have never picked up that phone) but their automated attendant was like nope buddy you gotta use the app if you want any shot at getting service

Once I settled down it seemed like it could still drive so I took a chance and continued on, got home safely, hit the interwebs and tried all the resets I could find there, no bueno.

I gave up, tried to set an appointment and The app pushed me to mid August for a mobile appt with no option of a service center appt prior to that either.

I came here found threads regarding this, I took someone's advice here and just brought it to them first chance I got and asked if someone could tell me if this was the type of issue that could wait until mid Aug and also if the car was safe to continue driving until then

Dude was super cool he said its probably just a wheel speed sensor and they'll just fix it now. Turns out it wasn't that but he fixed it nonetheless

So yay TMC, and Tesla Service Center

On a side note, I kid you not I DID NOT see nary a phone when I was there, NOT ONE! guess it kinda explains why no one answers
Don't eave us hanging, what was the problem?! :oops:

Cruise control disabled.

Haven't had anything like this, thankfully

Don't eave us hanging, what was the problem?! :oops:
oops sorry, they said the steering wheel sensor tripped because the car is slightly out of alignment,
Now I have driven cars that were out of alignment before, I don't notice anything like that here (I mean the Car is brand new) but hey they are the experts so I will take their word for it

As long as I have my Brake Hold and Regen back I am a Happy Camper

oops sorry, they said the steering wheel sensor tripped because the car is slightly out of alignment,
Now I have driven cars that were out of alignment before, I don't notice anything like that here (I mean the Car is brand new) but hey they are the experts so I will take their word for it

Interesting. These cars are so complex and the systems so intertwined, I'm sure there's a rationale for alignment affecting the motor performance, but danged if I can see it!

So my car is in the shop and I figured out what the issue was. In june, I took my X in for the shudder fix. They replaced the half shafts w/ the fix. Looks like the wheel speed sensors that were replaced for that fix were faulty. I went on vacation for 1 month and didn't get to drive the car a whole bunch. On my second drive after vacay the car conked out. So they are going to replace the half shafts again hopefully with a proper sensor. Waiting to get my car in 3 days. Need to ask them how they verify that it won't go out again. Cuz not a good situation when FSD suddenly goes into "take over immediately" mode.

I had exactly the same warnings and errors on the new Model S LR. Only 9 days old and it's been with the service center for 5 days now. It seems that the problems had gone away the moment after the tow truck dropped off the car at CS. They are still working to figure out what caused it but still no luck. Seems like the car fixed itself but service techs want to find the root of the problem as it seems like many people are experiencing the same problem.

So far from my limited research/web searches on it the problem is from 1 of 2 causes:
1) wheel misalignment causing bad reading of sensor
2) wheel speed sensor malfunction

Finally got my car back from the SC today. They took a long time 12 days. Had to replace a bunch of parts for my issue.

Cruise control disabled.

DanDi58, I have been going through this hell since December 2020. Extended stays in SC ended in Feb 2021 when they replaced the Front Body controller module. Worked for 7 months. Now multiple occurrences of same errors (ALL the ones you listed) and back in the SC. Been a week so far at a different SC (we’ve moved since the Dec, Jan failures) and it appears once again to being “diagnosed”. Not repaired yet. close to approaching Lemon Law here in California, simply based on days not available for same non-functionality. Good Luck

Just took delivery today (MYLR) - 2 min down the road from the DC, got the cascade of errors. As I’m trying to figure out what the issue is I notice I’m driving the car straight as an arrow and the steering wheel is clearly misaligned. UGH! So frustrating to have a car with 11 miles on it misaligned. 🤬