Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Individual Questions | First Road Trip | NYC to Albany, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm posting several separate questions so I don't wear anyone out - I went on my first road trip and ran into lots of issues - if anyone feels like commenting it will be welcomed!

I've tried to figure out what the numbers below mean - I want to learn how to interpret but have not found a good source. Can you direct me to a resource?
IMG_4909.jpg

From left to right.

Avg. 368 Wh/mi: efficiency, measured in watt-hours per mile — it's like your MPG in a gas-powered car. A Tesla Model X 75D is rated for an average efficiency of around 330 Wh/mi, though as with driving a gasoline car there are a number of factors that can impact your efficiency. Colder temperatures, faster speeds, and heavier payloads will all result in a higher Wh/mi number slash lower efficiency.

217 mi: estimated range remaining. This number is based on the vehicle's rated range and only changes to reflect the power level available in the battery. It does not adjust itself according to your current efficiency.

---° F: outside temperature. As the notification in the center of the instrument display says, the car is "powering up", and the thermometer system may not yet be activated. That will also account for some of the zeros in the following readings.

Since 8:35 PM: stats for this trip, counting from when the car was turned on. It is not a full odometer; only the current driving excursion. When you stop the car and get out, and it turns off, this row resets.

0.0 mi: distance driven on this trip.

0 min: how much time you've been driving on this trip.

0 Wh/mi: your average efficiency for this trip.

Since last charge: stats from when you last charged to now. This row will reset only when you charge the vehicle.

0.0 mi: how far you've driven since you last charged.

0.0 kWh: how much total energy you've used since you last charged.

0 Wh/mi: your average efficiency since you last charged.

Odometer: 0: total vehicle mileage.

You can hold down on either steering wheel dial and select from the other mini-displays, including current music/radio, tire pressure, and more.

From left to right.

Avg. 368 Wh/mi: efficiency, measured in watt-hours per mile — it's like your MPG in a gas-powered car. A Tesla Model X 75D is rated for an average efficiency of around 330 Wh/mi, though as with driving a gasoline car there are a number of factors that can impact your efficiency. Colder temperatures, faster speeds, and heavier payloads will all result in a higher Wh/mi number slash lower efficiency.

217 mi: estimated range remaining. This number is based on the vehicle's rated range and only changes to reflect the power level available in the battery. It does not adjust itself according to your current efficiency.

---° F: outside temperature. As the notification in the center of the instrument display says, the car is "powering up", and the thermometer system may not yet be activated. That will also account for some of the zeros in the following readings.

Since 8:35 PM: stats for this trip, counting from when the car was turned on. It is not a full odometer; only the current driving excursion. When you stop the car and get out, and it turns off, this row resets.

0.0 mi: distance driven on this trip.

0 min: how much time you've been driving on this trip.

0 Wh/mi: your average efficiency for this trip.

Since last charge: stats from when you last charged to now. This row will reset only when you charge the vehicle.

0.0 mi: how far you've driven since you last charged.

0.0 kWh: how much total energy you've used since you last charged.

0 Wh/mi: your average efficiency since you last charged.

Odometer: 0: total vehicle mileage.

You can hold down on either steering wheel dial and select from the other mini-displays, including current music/radio, tire pressure, and more.

Wow! This is amazing! Just what I needed! Derek, really thank you for taking the time to write all this - really can't thank you enough - I will immerse myself in this information starting tonight! I've been struggling with this every since I picked up the car on March 14, 2018. I'm so excited - I feel like a little kid! I hope I'll get the opportunity to pass this on to someone else in the future and/or return the favor. Fantastic! Much appreciated, Derek!