Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Model S for Sale - Starting @ $19.9k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Hi everyone! Back with our unusual build-your-Tesla setup again.

It's a new year! 057 is allowed to sell up to five cars per year, and we've got four listed already! So, probably won't last. Will see how it goes.

Check out 057 Motors | 057 Technology to pick and configure your Model S...

---

Starting at $19,999 $18,420😮

---

We can ship to just about anyway, also, and can quote that.

Happy to answer questions. The only questions I'm going to ignore are ones for photos. These are all in the back of the shop waiting on someone to configure and purchase them so that the chosen battery/motor combo can be installed, along with whatever other options are chosen. No practical way to get any good photos. Suffice it to say we'll make sure everything is good and cleaned up once we pull them out for configuration. If you're local you're welcome to schedule dropping by to check one out if interested.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a project car, I've also got a salvage-rebuilt titled 2016 Model X that requires nothing but a battery pack, windshield (there but cracked at the bottom), and bolt-on front parts (pretty much the whole front fascia and carrier and such), and misc odds and ends for repairs. Coolant and A/C systems are even intact, and falcon doors work fine too. Would be willing to let that go pretty cheap because I just don't have the manpower to deal with it right now. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Not sure what's up with people wasting my time on car purchases. Had a buyer put a deposit down on the 2012 S we've got listed, and then after a month of trying to get a hold of them to schedule shipment they backed out and demanded a refund. Er.

Well their loss is your gain, because it's back.

Not sure what's up with people wasting my time on car purchases. Had a buyer put a deposit down on the 2012 S we've got listed, and then after a month of trying to get a hold of them to schedule shipment they backed out and demanded a refund. Er.

Well their loss is your gain, because it's back.

That's why Elon switched from a "deposit" to a non-refundable "order fee."

When I privately sell cars, I tell buyers that I don't take deposits because I am not going to keep their deposit if they change their mind, so there's no point. I tell them the first person that shows up with the payment gets the car. If they really want the car, they work fast to make sure it doesn't get sold out of under them. If they don't really want the car, they aren't going to show up with the payment anyway. I think in many states it's illegal to keep a deposit for a car that was never purchased.

Reactions: SO16
That's why Elon switched from a "deposit" to a non-refundable "order fee."

When I privately sell cars, I tell buyers that I don't take deposits because I am not going to keep their deposit if they change their mind, so there's no point. I tell them the first person that shows up with the payment gets the car. If they really want the car, they work fast to make sure it doesn't get sold out of under them. If they don't really want the car, they aren't going to show up with the payment anyway. I think in many states it's illegal to keep a deposit for a car that was never purchased.

Yeah, I considered this. We do 50% deposit, since you'd think that'd be enough to say "I'm serious and will follow through with this," but apparently not.

We make the terms clear that there is a fee for cancelling of 5% if cancelled before configuration was physically finalized, and 25% if after. They kind of loopholed that because I let them change their mind a few times on the final configuration, which pushed things out a little bit, then argued for the lesser cancelation fee. Won't be doing that again. Pick a config and stick with it.

Anyways, while it's a little irritating for sure, I think some minor accommodations need to be made for stuff like this on the interwebs. Buying a car on the internet without ever seeing it is one of those things I myself would have a few reservations about, so some security in being able to back out is welcome.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Alright, apparently a 5% cancelation fee just isn't enough incentive for people to actually pay the balance on the car and finish the transaction. Going to bump that at some point.

Their loss is your gain.... again. And it's not like they're cancelling for any reason related to the car, either... just here's a $10k deposit... weeks go by and can't get a hold of them... "oh, nevermind".

So, it's back: 057 Motors - 5YJSA1CN8CFP01703 | 057 Technology

Someone put this on your Amex and let me get it out of my shop 😅 ... I'll include shipping it to you (in the continental US) as a TMC bonus.