Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Upgrade your Model S/X at 057 Tech - More range, more power!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upgrades.jpg

Upgrade Your Tesla | 057 Technology

I try not to do many "Vendor" posts, but I don't know if I even ever did one for this service we've had for a while. Pretty sure I've just mentioned it a few other places.

Battery upgrades, motor upgrades, charger upgrades, AP1 retrofits, etc.

Posting now as we recently added official support for RWD 100 kWh upgrades to our lineup. 100 kWh packs are pretty much the only ones that haven't had supercharging speeds nerfed in older cars. As a bonus, upgrades don't affect free lifetime supercharging status! ;)

Check out the link above, punch in the last 6 of your VIN. Get pricing right there, pay for and schedule the upgrade (on or after the estimated date shown for the chosen options), and we'll help arrange transport for your car and make it happen!

Automated system only supports VINs up to 2018-ish, so if yours is newer just contact us (link at top of 057tech pages) with your VIN and trim (P85, 70, P90D, etc) and we'll add it to our system so you can get pricing and such. That said, this is currently mostly beneficial to the older S/X vehicles anyway.

Thanks!

There are still no options to upgrade a battery pack on the West Coast? Not planning it on doing it any time soon, but it would be great to have somebody in my radar now that my Model S is out of warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
These cars were available in 2016 and most definitely did. I had one.
As ucmndd said, they sure did. Lots of them. ALL vehicles sold Jan 15th, 2017 and older had SC01
Oh, that's right. I got my timelines off. The S refresh came about in April I think 2016, and SC01 ended at the beginning of 2017, so there was less than a year of possible overlap time window there.

is wk057 no longer participating on TMC?

He occasionally pokes his head in, but for the most part trolls drove him off.
Hi everyone! Head troll here with the update:

- Jason Hughes was 057 Technology and based in NC.
- Hughes claims he [secretly] sold the company in June 2023 and stayed on as an employee. The new entity is known as 057 Companies, but based in TN.
- The 057tech.com website continued to promote Service Plans, accept payments under the new company name, and update the terms and FAQ.
- For whatever reason, Hughes and all his employees left the company and closed the doors Sept 2023.
- It seems no customers were serviced after this, as it appears 057 Companies bought the intellectual property with no desire to continue the 057 Technology side of the business. New ownership has stated to the TN DCA that it was an Asset Purchase Agreement only and not a Company Acquisition as Hughes had alluded throughout early 2024.
- Those with Service Plans were never notified, yet Hughes continued to operate on TMC status quo.
- Once discovered, Hughes hid behind a supposed NDA and blatantly lied to his customers, insisting the new 057 would take care of things. He stated he had a connection in the new company and that there were no open tickets - lies. The reality: there was no physical shop to facilitate any work.
- In the past couple weeks, it seems someone made a successful request to The Waybackmachine to scrub the site from the archives. Who do you think that could be?

Take care.

Hi everyone! Head troll here with the update:

- Jason Hughes was 057 Technology and based in NC.
- Hughes claims he [secretly] sold the company in June 2023 and stayed on as an employee. The new entity is known as 057 Companies, but based in TN.
- The 057tech.com website continued to promote Service Plans, accept payments under the new company name, and update the terms and FAQ.
- For whatever reason, Hughes and all his employees left the company and closed the doors Sept 2023.
- It seems no customers were serviced after this, as it appears 057 Companies bought the intellectual property with no desire to continue the 057 Technology side of the business. New ownership has stated to the TN DCA that it was an Asset Purchase Agreement only and not a Company Acquisition as Hughes had alluded throughout early 2024.
- Those with Service Plans were never notified, yet Hughes continued to operate on TMC status quo.
- Once discovered, Hughes hid behind a supposed NDA and blatantly lied to his customers, insisting the new 057 would take care of things. He stated he had a connection in the new company and that there were no open tickets - lies. The reality: there was no physical shop to facilitate any work.
- In the past couple weeks, it seems someone made a successful request to The Waybackmachine to scrub the site from the archives. Who do you think that could be?

Take care.
Wonder if there is a criminal fraud investigation?

@CHGolferJim Nothing I'm aware of and I've spoken to a few members privately. I have zero experience regarding moving forward legally. I'm hoping someone with knowledge eventually chimes in.

When those of us with active plans were trying to get to the bottom of this (Hughes insisted he couldn't discuss it and the things he has trickled out don't add up), Hughes threatened legal action against speculation. That speculation appears to bear some truth.

As a result, I believe there's a few members that may [feel bullied] and are not participating in the discussions. The current mood from the rest seems to be a mix of anger and indifferent disappointment. We've realized we were duped by someone we respected/admired and he's not willing to accept any blame, going as far as to play the victim because people wanted their money back.

As it stands now, it could be that Hughes may have been attempting to stall to reduce the amount of time-sensitive credit card chargebacks. However, more-recent subscribers have posted their invoice with the new company's name on it. So he should be "protected" ... unless he's still intertwined with 057 Companies?