Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Upgrade your Model S/X at 057 Tech - More range, more power!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upgrades.jpg

Upgrade Your Tesla | 057 Technology

I try not to do many "Vendor" posts, but I don't know if I even ever did one for this service we've had for a while. Pretty sure I've just mentioned it a few other places.

Battery upgrades, motor upgrades, charger upgrades, AP1 retrofits, etc.

Posting now as we recently added official support for RWD 100 kWh upgrades to our lineup. 100 kWh packs are pretty much the only ones that haven't had supercharging speeds nerfed in older cars. As a bonus, upgrades don't affect free lifetime supercharging status! ;)

Check out the link above, punch in the last 6 of your VIN. Get pricing right there, pay for and schedule the upgrade (on or after the estimated date shown for the chosen options), and we'll help arrange transport for your car and make it happen!

Automated system only supports VINs up to 2018-ish, so if yours is newer just contact us (link at top of 057tech pages) with your VIN and trim (P85, 70, P90D, etc) and we'll add it to our system so you can get pricing and such. That said, this is currently mostly beneficial to the older S/X vehicles anyway.

Thanks!

Sorry if I came across poorly - just trying to interject some humor (about installing a Supercharger).

Thanks for supplying that it's a 2015 S85D - That's crucial information. I'd contact wk057 and Recell directly to see what might be required and if they would do the work. I doubt there is much that can be done on a car that old to improve your charging speed, but they are the wizards at battery swaps and know a lot about what those swaps can do charging-wise for specific-era cars.

Sorry if I came across poorly - just trying to interject some humor (about installing a Supercharger).

Thanks for supplying that it's a 2015 S85D - That's crucial information. I'd contact wk057 and Recell directly to see what might be required and if they would do the work. I doubt there is much that can be done on a car that old to improve your charging speed, but they are the wizards at battery swaps and know a lot about what those swaps can do charging-wise for specific-era cars.
No big deal.
But yea since wk057 seems to be successful he would know best, which is why I asked here but maybe I'm not asking the question correctly.
My knowledge is the 1014116-00-c is the 100 kwh battery with 2 modules removed so my charging speed should be very similar to the 100kwh battery subtracting 12% for the missing modules, but in my case it's way less, so there must be other limiting factors, im aware 150kw is max for my car, maybe 350v affects it but even 50v less should make it 130kw max... and i never come close to that. but someone like wk057 would know best

I'll have to go over some data at the office on the numbers for the 90 350V packs and see if we can just offer this as a paid upgrade option with a somewhat significant estimate lead time. They're not super common in the secondhand markets still, so we don't come across them very often (few times per year currently), so it'd definitely be a waitlist thing kind of like we were doing the 100s a couple years ago.

Will look into it.
Add me to the list of those interested in the 90 350V for my RWD. I don't believe a suspension upgrade was needed in the past for 90 batteries so hoping that is the same with this one?

Hi @wk057! Had a couple quick question about your 100kwh pack upgrade for my particular MS 2015 85D with the battery still working:

1. For me, it seems that the Tesla new 90 kwh pack is around the same price as your 100 kwh pack, but I would have an additional 3 years of warranty on a new Tesla pack. What advantages would your pack have at around the same price?

2. If I were to be in your HV battery coverage plan, and my HV battery were to go out, could I use that opportunity to upgrade to a 100 kwh pack or pay a reduced price for the 100 kwh pack?

Thanks!

He didn’t answer a message I sent him months ago inquiring about his services.
@GHammer summed up well what's going on there, but if you are needing or looking into a replacement battery pack for any older Tesla, I would recommend looking into Recell. They do replacement packs for pretty good prices and are knowledgeable and experienced.

• Love
Reactions: CHGolferJim
@GHammer summed up well what's going on there, but if you are needing or looking into a replacement battery pack for any older Tesla, I would recommend looking into Recell. They do replacement packs for pretty good prices and are knowledgeable and experienced.

Thank you VERY much! My 8-year-old 70D with 130k miles originally rated at 240 still gets ~215 rated miles (and 160+ actual miles) per 100% charge, so Recell’s products wouldn’t give me enough of a boost. Certainly good for battery failures though.

Thank you VERY much! My 8-year-old 70D with 130k miles originally rated at 240 still gets ~215 rated miles (and 160+ actual miles) per 100% charge, so Recell’s products wouldn’t give me enough of a boost. Certainly good for battery failures though.
Nearby for your consideration is Bernard Tripp with Autohaus Lake Norman Independent Tesla Service | Autohaus Lake Norman

Reactions: CHGolferJim
so when my d60 unocked to 75 craps out i can go you you and get a 100 replacement/? and tesla will still honor the free supercharging for life?
The software locked 75/60 cars never had the original SC01 permanent transferrable Supercharging, but if it's something like the unlimited Supercharging for the current owner, then yes. The Supercharging conditions and codes and offers are tied to the VIN and owner. Replacing the battery pack has nothing to do with that and can't affect it.

The software locked 75/60 cars never had the original SC01 permanent transferrable Supercharging, but if it's something like the unlimited Supercharging for the current owner, then yes. The Supercharging conditions and codes and offers are tied to the VIN and owner. Replacing the battery pack has nothing to do with that and can't affect it.
As ucmndd said, they sure did. Lots of them. ALL vehicles sold Jan 15th, 2017 and older had SC01