Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple seat position memories for one driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many cars have seat memories, like slot 1, 2, 3, and some are tied to a fob. I know Teslas associate seat positions with a key/fob/phone, but are there provisions for multiple positions? For example, a driving position, a laptop position, a watch movie while waiting to charge position. Thanks.

Right off the bat, you get the one profile (per driver key). Then you can enable “Easy Entry,” to pretty much any other setting you want.

Which is what I do.

While EE is just one additional setting, I use it for the obvious entering/exiting and for eating (seat all the way back, steering wheel up and away from me). I typically don’t spend much time in the car while parked (aside from when eating), so I can’t really say about other tasks. But I would think that same position in EE should work for gaming or watching a movie. It wouldn’t work for my laptop, just because it’s too big.

Reactions: snovvman
I used to have one called LoudMusic_Nap that moved the seat all the way back and laid it down for napping at a supercharger. It's so slow to move I decided to stop doing that and just go for a walk instead. I was also mildly concerned about wearing out the seat mechanics. But you could do the same for other purposes, like the ones you mentioned.

Many cars have seat memories, like slot 1, 2, 3, and some are tied to a fob. I know Teslas associate seat positions with a key/fob/phone, but are there provisions for multiple positions? For example, a driving position, a laptop position, a watch movie while waiting to charge position. Thanks.
You can make as many as you want. Maybe there’s limit. I don’t know. I gave three for myself. A bunch more for friends and family.

Thanks for all the replies. To clarify my understanding, I can use profiles as memory slots. As long as I don't associate them to a key, I can activate them manually. Correct?

A related question is that while I am using the car under an associated key, how do I keep the car from auto-saving changes? If I recall correctly, doesn't the car auto-save seat settings?

You can activate memory positions manually.

Do you mean activating the profiles manually?

Car doesn’t auto save positions. You have To click save.

Thanks. I'll pay attention to this the next time I move the seat.

///

Another question on profiles--if my key is associated with, say profile A. I am in the car and profile A is active. If I create a new profile "B", will profile B be based on all the profile A settings? Or, are new profiles based on some sort of default baseline setting?