Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fast forwarding streaming music disabled after 2023.20.4.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla owners,

I have a 2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, I just finished updating the software to 2023.20.4.1 and I noticed I can no longer fast forward any songs when streaming music through Slacker. I was able to before the update and I’ve tried everything to get it to work and it no longer does it. I also rebooted the screen and it still doesn’t work.

Does anyone know if Tesla removed this feature with the latest update? Anyone on the 2023.20.4.1 update still able to scrub the songs? I can’t find anything online either of anyone mentioning this, was curious if it’s just me.

Looking forward to any feedback. Thanks everyone

Reactions: brianbcc
[Conjecture] Could be copyright related like not being able to replay. It is possible that Slacker doesn't have (or lost) the rights to to scrub through a song or Tesla no longer pays "extra" royalties for this feature and had to remove from the app.

Why can’t we get an answer for why this happened? It’s very frustrating to get used to a feature and then have it ripped away from you with no explanation. Especially when you’ve paid as much as we have for a Tesla.
This is part of why I hate my Tesla and would likely never buy another (and would have sold this one when it was worth more than I paid for it in 2020 but the other driver loves the car and we are a single car family.)

Among the things I've lost in the UI was a microphone that allowed the passenger to do voice commands (also other stuff like defrosters and quicker access to the wipers and energy consumption card, although 2 of those are sort-of back and the third will be when I get offered an update that will give me the scroll wheel functions 70% of the fleet has.)

Among the features I've lost off the car that are not UI related: RADAR is the big one. But also the ability to tuck my car into its underground parking spot using summon. Both of those are gone now. The car used to be able to do that but now it says it can't be underground in order to do a simple move. Thankfully, our parking spot is long enough we can still access the trunk without it sticking out too far into the aisle. But we liked it tucked in behind the pillar so anything too close to the sides would hit the pillar first, not the nose of the car.

Like you said, when you pay a lot of money for a vehicle, partially because it has features/tech you want, removal of features/tech really makes you feel cheated. I feel like a chump for not understanding I haven't actually bought the car and it isn't mine to use as I choose. It is under Tesla's control at all times (I'm sure it says that somewhere in the user agreement) and Tesla has the right to do whatever it wants to the car, including shutting off hardware features or even bricking it and you have no recourse.