Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says Cybertruck Doors Will Open Automatically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said Thursday that the production version of the Cybertruck will not include door handles.

The concept vehicle that debuted in November 2019 was built with door handles, however Musk says the doors on the production version will open automatically.

Musk previously said there would be slight revisions to the truck before production. There was speculation that Tesla might slightly shrink the overall proportions, but it seems the truck will be as hulking as the prototype. Musk recently said the vehicle will be “almost exactly” the same as the prototype.

Tesla is currently working to finish the construction of a new factory near Austin, Texas that will be the home of Cybertruck production. The first deliveries of the Cybertruck are expected to start later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
On many occasions, a frozen handle on my S has forced me to climb over seats to push the stuck door open from the inside. Silicone hydrophobic ‘snowblower’ spray helps to prevent the windows from sticking shut, but, though I usually remember to preheat for a long while before digging out, my Tesla is still the most prone to door/handle/window icing problems of any vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Musk loves to break basically every convention, but many of them survived because they work very well, e.g.: round steering wheels, door handles, stalks, horn button on center, etc.
I’ll add interior lighting…. Why does he hate lights? It’s dark 19 hours a day where I live in the dead of winter. Lack of interior lighting is still my biggest frustration with my 3. I keep a head lamp and lantern in rack door pocket all winter.

I checked out our local engine at the 4th of July parade.

That's the old model. Our fire department has that on one truck and the battery powered jaws of life on their newer truck. Chief said he's old fashion and prefers gas, but the battery powered one is lighter and just as powerful.

The trucks also have a huge gas powered circular cut-off saw.

Chief said they had no problems getting into anything, but I didn't ask about the cyber truck.

Reactions: CyberGus
I checked out our local engine at the 4th of July parade.

That's the old model. Our fire department has that on one truck and the battery powered jaws of life on their newer truck. Chief said he's old fashion and prefers gas, but the battery powered one is lighter and just as powerful.

The trucks also have a huge gas powered circular cut-off saw.

Chief said they had no problems getting into anything, but I didn't ask about the cyber truck.
i dont recall any car out there with stainless steel door panels so thick that 9mm doesnt penetrate it...