Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All who accept the usual Early Access invite and terms of course. Isn’t that literally what Tesla offered:

Nobody forced Tesla to promise this but once again they did... enjoyed the PR benefit and publicity at the time... and now it seem they are backtracking and redefining it as something else.

As far as I know nobody has gotten Early Access invitations based on early FSD purchaser status.
Before other non-EAP customers, yes.

But first is absolutely not possible. It would be reckless to roll out early beta-software in huge bursts that. They need the narrow EAP group first, so they can brick 50 cars under the non-disclosure agreement, rather than 30 000 public cars. If something really bad should happen.

But first is absolutely not possible. It would be reckless to roll out early beta-software in huge bursts that. They need the narrow EAP group first, so they can brick 50 cars under the non-disclosure agreement, rather than 30 000 public cars. If something really bad should happen.

Then Tesla should never have promised Early Access invites to all early FSD buyers, if it is reckless to do so.

They took the PR benefit. Forums and blogs filled with radical Early Access expansion and goodwill. TMC included.

Now is their time to deliver and they waver.

@ChrML, you are totally missing what @electronblue and I are talking about.

Tesla early FSD adopters paid thousand of dollars more for FSD than when Tesla dropped the price for EAP and FSD to half of what it would cost to upgrade. The early adopters, not 30,000, were told we would get an invitation to join the EAP program. This was done as a concession for us paying a lot more for EAP and FSD.

Each early adopter could accept or not accept the ESP program invitation. I have managed software development and quality assurance testing teams so I am fully aware of the challenges of getting early code releases. If Tesla had fulfilled their promise, I doubt there would have been more than a few hundred that would have accepted, not thousands.

Tesla could resolve this issue by refunding money for EAP and FSD that we over paid. If we had not purchased both features early, we could have gotten the half off price.

The early FSD adopters will never get an invitation to join the EAP program. We are mad that Tesla promised us an invitation to the EAP program, and now they want us to believe that the Wide EAP Access which everyone gets satisfies their promise to us.

This is just another promise that Elon and Tesla have broken.

Based on what we know so far, it seems V10 will probably including the following:
- Enhanced Summon
- New driver visualizations (incoming traffic, auto lane change animation)
- Drive-in Theater Mode
- Karaoke
- Cuphead game

Does that sound about right?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
With maybe an addendum that "smart autopark" (reverse enhanced summon?) is coming in V10.1 in Elon's estimation: Elon Musk on Twitter

But I'm not sure how far V10.1 is from V10.

Yeah, I did not include Smart Auto Park since Elon said that it would be V10.1. I am definitely intrigued by that feature because if it works right, it should be a fantastic feature.

I know Elon also mentioned improvements to NOA in V10 but I don't know if that will just be "under the hood" improvements like smoother auto lane changes or an actual new NOA "feature".

Based on what we know so far, it seems V10 will probably including the following:
- Enhanced Summon
- New driver visualizations (incoming traffic, auto lane change animation)
- Drive-in Theater Mode
- Karaoke
- Cuphead game

Does that sound about right?
So, no substance - assuming Enhanced Summon is not as advertised, from a Reasonable Person’s perspective. Just more parlor tricks and gimmicks, if diplomat is correct on the features list.

Edit: And who thinks Tesla will raise the price of FSD, as promised, based on diplomats v10 features list - which I’m assuming is a pretty good forecast.

Last edited:
So, no substance (assuming Enhanced Summon is not as advertised), from a Reasonable Person’s perspective. Just more parlor tricks and gimmicks, if diplomat is correct on the features list.

I don't consider Enhanced Summon and the new driver visualizations to be "parlor tricks". Even if Enhanced Summon does not work great, it is still a Big Feature so not a gimmick. And the new driver visualizations are important. They are not eye candy. Theater Mode, Karaoke and Cuphead, are "parlor's tricks". And of course, we don't know if my list is complete or not. There could be more substantive AP/NOA improvements as well. So I would not be so quick to dismiss V10 as just gimmicks. That's very harsh IMO.

I don't consider Enhanced Summon and the new driver visualizations to be "parlor tricks". Even if Enhanced Summon does not work great, it is still a Big Feature so not a gimmick. And the new driver visualizations are important. They are not eye candy. Theater Mode, Karaoke and Cuphead, are "parlor's tricks". And of course, we don't know if my list is complete or not. There could be more substantive AP/NOA improvements as well. So I would not be so quick to dismiss V10 as just gimmicks. That's very harsh IMO.

I was going solely on your list, which I think could be fairly close. I also assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that Enhanced Summon will not perform as advertised on the FSD order page - from a Reasonable Person’s perspective... which we already discussed. I do consider the visualizations eye candy, unlike yourself, just like the dancing cars visualizations. It was released, but a mess that generates many questions and concerns from unknowing passengers. If I could shut it off, until the music and dancing stopped, I would. Then turn it back on when it’s actually ready and working properly. I agree with you that the other items on the list are parlor games and gimmicks. So, this is what my earlier post was based on, and that you disagreed with.

I was going solely on your list, which I think could be fairly close. I also assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that Enhanced Summon will not perform as advertised on the FSD order page - from a Reasonable Person’s perspective... which we already discussed. I do consider the visualizations eye candy, unlike yourself, just like the dancing cars visualizations. It was released, but a mess that generates many questions and concerns from unknowing passengers. If I could shut it off, until the music and dancing stopped, I would. Then turn it back on when it’s actually ready and working properly. I agree with you that the other items on the list are parlor games and gimmicks. So, this is what my earlier post was based on, and that you disagreed with.

I withdrew my "disagree" rating. We agree on a bunch. My only disagreement with you is that I don't consider the driver visualizations to be eye candy.

I think the notable angle from @jebinc is: Is there something in V10 expected that would really make Tesla raise FSD prices? (And not just for a week or few to drop them again as a lever.)

Hard to see any such thing so far. Enhanced Summon does not seem such a major feature — realy usefulness-wise — that it could command a higher price without a hit to FSD pack demand.

Is there something in V10 expected that would really make Tesla raise FSD prices?

At the end of the day, prices are determined by demand. And judging by how many people are excited for this feature, it will generate more demand for FSD.

In fact, I have just one referral under my belt right now, and he was going to buy FSD because he thought Enhanced Summon was already out. When I told him it was just in early access, he decided against it. So in at least this one anecdotal example, Enhanced Summon was the difference between buying FSD and not buying it.

I think the notable angle from @jebinc is: Is there something in V10 expected that would really make Tesla raise FSD prices? (And not just for a week or few to drop them again as a lever.)

Hard to see any such thing so far. Enhanced Summon does not seem such a major feature — realy usefulness-wise — that it could command a higher price without a hit to FSD pack demand.
I believe NOA while in surface streets is the main FSD Feature. I expect stop sign and stop light detection to be first. I personally and that excited about Summon.

We have a rear camera for rear cross traffic. Tesla already has excellent blind spot monitoring/alert. Driver focus system would be nice I guess, but we have the steering nags that work. Not sure what reverse automatic braking is. Lane Keep Assist is not needed since Tesla has something much better already called Auto Steer that actually centers in the lane instead of just assisting the driver. More voice commands would be nice, I agree. But like I said, texting voice commands are coming in V10 so we are getting that.

Basically, it sounds like you just want Tesla to do things the same way Subaru does things.
i have a lot of what u discuss on my MB 550S but I'm trading it in for this magical Tesla...it's like having Jitterbug phone or an Apple ....choose your weapons folks! You only come around ONCE!! i have a Porsche 911 turbo conv, i've had corvettes & always MB...but like i said i expect this to be Magical...it's more than a car!!

Yes, that's the pleasant surprise I'm hoping for, as mentioned to the diplomat.