Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

must get accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one has mentioned a wireless charging dock yet? I started with the Jeda one but it warped in the heat, so switched to a Nomad. Nomad is much better constructed and I like the indicator lights for charging. I have no experience with the third brand folks are using (Taptes?)

I also bought a dash cam for my car. I am using TeslaCam as well, but it has been buggy enough for folks who got into accidents (corrupted files, not saving the critical moment, etc) that I want a dedicated dash cam still. My previous dash cam saved me a lot of hassle in what could have been a he said/she said accident.

Reactions: bsilva
Nomad wireless charging pad. Center console tray (I have the Abstract Ocean one). These two have markedly enhanced my enjoyment of the car every day. Especially the wireless charging pad.

All-weather mats for trunk and frunk are also must get.

I don't think you need this one due that sound proof tires (OEM) have a foam inside the tire hence it can't be repaired with the kit.

I was thinking of a traditional tire repair kit. Includes plugs, valve cores etc. Oddly the Tesla air compressor listed on their site as compatible with the model 3 has the slime that will ruin the foam in the tires.

I was thinking of a traditional tire repair kit. Includes plugs, valve cores etc. Oddly the Tesla air compressor listed on their site as compatible with the model 3 has the slime that will ruin the foam in the tires.

That's a waste on the Michelin 20" tires if you get the performance version. They have acoustical foam on the inside and there is no way slime or foam can reach a tire puncture hole.

• Disagree
Reactions: Spook2345
I don't regret wrap of my model s.... It significantly improves the ability to enjoy the car without much anxiety. I definitely would wrap a black car.... I don't think you realize how much a wrap is helpful until you put it on the car and realize how many times it saves you from a ding, or debris, bird poop, not having something like microfiber, not having someone be careful with cleaning your car, branches, grass and twigs, rocks and cardboard boxes on the highway.... door dings, keychain scratches and dropping your coffee holder into the car, strollers, wet cement (yep, frickin' cement that splattered from a roadside construction crew, with suntek ultra or xpel, you can wipe something off your car with steel wool and when it heats up in the sun, it self heals. I got CIR on windshield and I think that makes a difference in long term wear of dashboard. Let's put it this way.... wrap is suncreen that allows you to look like you are an 18 year old swedish skin model on accutane ....

noone is doubting that wraps have a good protective effect. The issue is that you can just respray your car for the same price.

They may not be "necessary" but I'm glad I got both the PPF and ceramic on mine. The PPF for chips and general protection and ceramic for ease of cleaning. Dirt, bird droppings, and other stuff seems to just slide right off if I wave a hose in the general direction of my car.

Wait a while on the center console wrap. I've had mine for almost 5 months now and my console is still fine with no scratches and, after the first month, I realized I liked the piano black - too bad I'd already bought the Abstract Ocean brushed titanium wrap (maybe I'll put it up on ebay).

Get a back seat cover if you have dogs that ride in the back, I got one of the hammock ones and it keeps him from climbing into the front and slobbering on everything when he's alone in the car enjoying dog mode.

Center console tray. Must for sunglasses.

If you happen to have a 3D printer, there are several designs for these on Thingiverse, and of course Tesla accessory vendors sell them, too. I've printed a couple for testing, but I want to print a final design and then add some felt to make it better match the Tesla's center console and protect my glasses' lenses. (I wear prescription glasses and have a separate pair of prescription sunglasses, so these aren't cheap drug store sunglasses; I want to protect the lenses against scratches.)

Another item, also 3D-printed: My previous car (which I still lease, but I'll be returning it soon) was a Chevy Volt, so I bought a Clipper Creek J1772 EVSE. That creates complications for the Tesla, though, since I need an adapter, which means either plugging/unplugging the adapter whenever I want to charge at home or buying a second adapter and leaving it permanently attached to the Clipper Creek's J1772 plug. I've opted for the latter, but that means that the plug-with-adapter no longer snaps into the Clipper Creek's J1772 holster. Thus, I've created a design for a 3D-printed holster adapter. I've tested it, but as I still have the Volt, I'm doing the plug/unplug dance for a few more days, so I'm putting off uploading my design to Thingiverse until it's been in regular use for a few days, in case I need to make some revisions. If you happen to have a 3D printer and be in the same boat, though, I'd be happy to share my design early. PM me if you're interested.

Get:
  • Abstract Ocean LED lights for the trunk + puddle lights + glove box (don't get the logo lights - those are for the tasteless).
  • 3D Maxpider floor mats + trunk liner (if it ever comes back in stock)
  • Samsung T5 SSD for TeslaCam + Sentry
  • Sabrent 4 port USB hub
  • Jeda 2 Wireless Charger (I ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped - which is infuriating - but it's still the best out there)
  • Tint. Formula One Pinnacle is very good cost to performance - and Stratos isn't usually available in sheets large enough for the rear window. Also get front window done if you can afford it - makes for a nicer experience when driving in the heat)
  • SunShield brand sun shade for parking in the sun for really long periods (front tint is more for when you are driving)
  • Stainless steel pedal covers by Taptes
  • Wrap for center console - avoid carbon fiber look if you don't want your car to scream cheap immaturity and Kenriko (Amazon) probably makes the best of these.
Tips:
Avoid EVAnnex from what most people say online. + Beware markups from places like RPMTesla and other "tuner shops". You can often, but not always find the same items on Amazon for cheaper (see center console trays).

Also, I LOVE my PPF that I had installed on the complete front of my car + side rockers due to how easy it makes it to clean it (bugs wipe right off). It's a lot of money, so only do this if you've got some fungible funds. I'll be ceramic coating the rest of the car very soon at home. You can save a ton of money doing it yourself (bear in mind it's a time investment and you have to prep your paint + polish), and some of the coatings are close to commercial levels. Note that this is primarily for aesthetics and ease of cleaning + protection from birds and bugs.

Reactions: hckyplyr
Instead of a USB stick, I would recommend these two accessories instead. A little more expensive, but made for the numerous writes the dash cam/sentry mode will be doing. You can get larger Micro SD cards, and I would recommend it if you plan on doing the USB music as well as Dash Cam/Sentry mode.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006T9B6R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B9KTLJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I would definitely recommend wireless chargers. I use the Taptes one but there's the Jeda and Nomad as well:
Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3, Wireless Charging for iPhone

If you use the wireless charger, you'll need a USB hub that'll fit nicely as well so you can charge and use the dash cam/sentry mode/usb music:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PH2WXKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enjoy!

Agree 100% with ceramic and PPF not being necessary especially at the price generally charged. Also people tend to be entirely unclear on what either is for.

PPF protects the paint from chips and scratches. It’s saran wrapping your car. It takes a reasonable amount of skill and patience to make it look good, hence why it costs thousands to do the whole car.

Ceramic is a hydrophobic coating that prevents dirt and grime (aka paint contamination) from sticking, allowing a simple rinse wash to result in a sparkling clean car. It won’t do anything for scratches or chips. Ceramic can be DIY’d if you have some experience detailing and that’s what I recommend for the best value because it really does make a difference in terms of keeping the car looking great with minimal effort.

As a person that does his own detailing (for fun). I found that ceramic suggestion is interesting. I've never tried them yet, but after reading from forums and such, it only protects the car from micro scratches and nothing more. On the DIY part, I think most ceramic are not as forgiving. If it is done right, it should last quite a few years.