Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Must-have" accessories for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going back to a Tesla MSP in a few weeks (depending on the end of Q2 discounts). I am looking for advice on your "must-have" accessories.

I still have my wall connector from my previous P85D, but like a chucklehead, I turned in my mobile connector when I sold my car. I never thought they'd quit coming with them, but oh well.

So far I have:

Universal Wall Connector - My wife drives a Lyriq and she needs to charge. I figure I can use my gen 1 wall connector and she can use the new universal connector. While I don't need the powershare functionality, it'd be nice to have if future models besides the CT offer this feature.
Mobile connector - I live in the Houston area, so superchargers are not an issue and I'll spend 99% of my charging at home, but I'd hate to be out on the road without it. I haven't owned my P85D for almost 3 years now. I assume the supercharging network has greatly improved since then? Is this necessary?
NVME drive - for Sentry and dashcam. the $350 tesla option for 1TB seems a bit pricey. I can buy a very nice enclosure and a 2 TB NVME drive for about $170. Thoughts on this? I have read some of the other threads where folks recommend and SD card vs an SSD because of heat concerns. The drive I'm looking at has an operating temperature of 0-85 C. I don't think it will get to 185 F in the glove box, but it is Houston.
Tire Repair kit - Which one do y'all recommend? Houston streets are like a war zone for debris.

That's all I have in mind for right now. Please let me know what else you've got! Thank you!

As far as SSD vs SD, I have a 256GB Extreme Endurance Micro-SD card in an SD reader. It is so small it is difficult to pull out of the USB port. These cards are specifically designed for harsh car environments and guaranteed for 10 years. They are designed for continuous read/write. Of course, the larger drive capacity means fewer read/writes on any one sector of the drive. Anyway, this solves all the problems and you don't need a HUGE micro SSD power hog.

Reactions: vcor and Cobra281
SCs in Houston and all around Texas are much better now than even 3 years ago. I do like to have my mobile connector with the 14-50 adapter in my trunk just in case - I’ve even plugged in to a regular outlet overnight while traveling just to pick up an extra 40 miles or so. I also installed the universal charger at home because I think my wife will go electric in the future but isn’t a big Tesla SUV fan and I wanted to make sure we were ready.