Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must Have Interior Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that people are getting USB dividers and SSDs. Do I really need these? Is a memory stick enough for normal use?

From what I had read, I chose an SSD because of how many times it can be written on before it ran out of space or ran out of the ability to be written over. I don’t put music on mine but it is nice to know I have that option. Before my SSD was delivered, I used a memory stick and it ran out of space pretty quickly (just one I had around the house so it wasn’t the best or the biggest). I’d suggest doing a little more research on what to use so you know the pros and cons of the devices and choose what you think is best.

Based on my observation, those who get SSDs tend to load them with music. I think that if you're not going to play music through USB, you don't need an SSD. I opted for a 64GB endurance micro SD card. It will arrive today, so I'll have when I take delivery of my M3 in six days.

Thanks! I have to admit I'm getting really lazy here, but where do you insert the micro SD card? Directly somewhere or through an adapter into the USB port?

From what I had read, I chose an SSD because of how many times it can be written on before it ran out of space or ran out of the ability to be written over. I don’t put music on mine but it is nice to know I have that option. Before my SSD was delivered, I used a memory stick and it ran out of space pretty quickly (just one I had around the house so it wasn’t the best or the biggest). I’d suggest doing a little more research on what to use so you know the pros and cons of the devices and choose what you think is best.

Thanks! I'll probably go with a micro SD card and pay for Spotify for music or simply stick to radio :D

The items I felt I needed right away were:
1) floor mats to catch sand, rain, and snow - I got ToughPro because they had a waffle to catch everything
2) an SSD for sentry mode and dash cam - got 1/2TB
3) the Jeda USB hub to hold the SSD and increase from 2-USB to 2-USB and 2-USB-C plugs (I have a 2019 M3)
4) console wrap because the shiny black piano console bounced sun into my eyes while driving
5) a portable air compressor with digital read out and 12v plug in to make sure my tires were at the correct psi
6) a mesh bug sponge to clean my windows well at charging stops (and window cleaner, but I had that at home)
7) a lot of car washing supplies (foam car wash, foam gun, microfiber cloths, interior car cleaner)
8) screen protector (I have a young teenager who is not careful) - I bought the Abstract Ocean 9H clear - some see a rainbow through sunglasses but I rarely do so it doesn't bother me

Now I'm planning to get the Tesla NEMA adaptor bundle for road trips where I might not have easy access to Superchargers or I'm staying at a motel/campground/AirBnB and want to charge by plugging into something other than a 120v outlet.

How do you like the Jeda USB Hub? Any problems so far with the product?

How do you like the Jeda USB Hub? Any problems so far with the product?

Everything is perfect with the Jeda. It took a LONG time for them to ship them to me (I received it almost 4 weeks after the “we are about to ship your order” email but they were also starting to ship out the new version to Model Y owners). I like that the SSD is hidden and they provide something to put on the SSD to keep it in place. My brother did the thorough review of the options (for his Y) and recommended it so I can’t speak to why I would choose the Jeda over another brand.