Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MVPA - New - previous service/demo vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I relented and accepted the VIN with 150+ miles. Now the MVPA is stating this was a previous service/demo vehicle.

My DC stated my car was slated to be a marketing vehicle but was reassigned to a customer. It has the miles becuase it had to be transported from one center to another.

The VIN is newly built on 04/10/2019, so it has HW3 and what not. I'm just leery of her explanation on the condition.

I relented and accepted the VIN with 150+ miles. Now the MVPA is stating this was a previous service/demo vehicle.

My DC stated my car was slated to be a marketing vehicle but was reassigned to a customer. It has the miles becuase it had to be transported from one center to another.

The VIN is newly built on 04/10/2019, so it has HW3 and what not. I'm just leery of her explanation on the condition.

That could be true, (the bolded part) but it doesnt have to be... any more than when you are looking at a used BMW / Mercedes on a lot and the salesman says "Oh yeah, that was owned by a little old lady who basically only drove it to church and back... hell of a deal, better get it now".

There is no law that says that what they SAY to you has to be true. One always hopes it is, and as an explanation for 150 miles its plausable.. but if the miles bothered you, you should have refused the car, and made them deliver you a new one. Either decide to just let it go completely NOW, or, return the car and start over if you still have time.

I wanted a "new" car so I would not have accepted a car with that many miles, unless the discount was similar to if I was buying a USED car with 150 miles (so at least 2-3k off or, in tesla land, free paint and wheel upgrade).

A family member was scheduled to take delivery of an SR with 660 miles on it. The car was supposedly used as a demo vehicle. They only offered $440 off MSRP so I personally would have passed on it but he wanted to move forward and placed a deposit on it.

When we went to pick it up it had over 1,000 miles on it, and they still did not want to discount it more than $440. So we rejected it and placed an order for a new one, which he took delivery of a few days ago.

Don’t be afraid to reject a car that you are not happy with. They are building at least 5,000 of these a week. If you don’t like the one they assign to you, another one will come along shortly.

A family member was scheduled to take delivery of an SR with 660 miles on it. The car was supposedly used as a demo vehicle. They only offered $440 off MSRP so I personally would have passed on it but he wanted to move forward and placed a deposit on it.

When we went to pick it up it had over 1,000 miles on it, and they still did not want to discount it more than $440. So we rejected it and placed an order for a new one, which he took delivery of a few days ago.

Don’t be afraid to reject a car that you are not happy with. They are building at least 5,000 of these a week. If you don’t like the one they assign to you, another one will come along shortly.
That’s no discount at all

They did not start building cars with HW3 until 4/12.

I contacted Tesla Support with my VIN and they said it has HW3. I was reading 04/10/2019 was the start date.

I had a previous demo delivered today. Saved some cash and it’s in great shape

They're offering me $100...

Did u get a discount at least ?

$100...

Often times the advisors don’t even know what the vehicle was used for. I’ve been told marketing/demo/service loaner for the same vehicle by different people before.

Yeah, it sounds like all CYA speak to me.

They offered me $100 off. I'm going to check it out in person. If it pretty flawless, I'll just roll with it. I don't want to really take my chances at missing the federal ev credit. My car is a LR RWD, which apparently may have been discontinued from production already.