TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MX loses front left suspension arm after driver runs stop sign and hits curb during test drive

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Frank88, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I would suggest "MX on a test drive crashes after speeding through a stop sign and hitting a curb". Why mention the wheel tearing off in the title at all? The title makes people wonder whether it was a suspension failure rather than just inevitable crash damage.

2. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Sure, but the MX was not the thing speeding the driver was (FSD vs human control)
    Did it crash after hitting the curb, or was hitting the curb itself the crash? (it did not hit anything else from what I saw).

My nominee for most pedantic title:
    MX wheel removed by curb when test driver fails to negotiate turn while speeding through stop sign.

(I'm iffy on while vs after...) ;)

• Funny x 2
  3. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Fair point. How about:-

"Woman crashes MX while on test drive after speeding through a stop sign"

No mention of curbs or wheels as they are both incidental to the "crash". I'm a bit uncomfortable with using "woman" because it might be seen as sexist by some, but "person" or "human" doesn't sound quite right, lol.

4. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Historically, the first thread was about the wheel being separated, so central to the thread.

Tag lines-
    Driver writes checks that MX can't cash.

You want the MX? You can't handle the MX!

FSD, 'cause people...

• Funny x 1