Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX loses front left suspension arm after driver runs stop sign and hits curb during test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread title “MX loses front left suspension arm after failing to stop and hitting curb during test drive”
is inflammatory. As written, it states that the car “failed to stop”. That’s wrong. The cause of the accident was that the driver drove too fast, lost control, then slid and hit the curb. At that point the suspension broke.

This is just the sort of thread title that sleazy publications will seize on and further distort.
Do you have a better suggestion? If so, please share it. There were originally two threads. One of the threads was titled something like "MX loses front left suspension and crashes" which made it sound like it was the car's fault and not the driver's fault. The other thread title was "KABOOM....tinkletinkle" which didn't describe the thread at all. I combined the threads and tried to indicate in the title that they failed to stop (at a stop sign) and hit a curb. I guess that could be misunderstood as being the car's fault instead of the driver? I tried updating it to indicate the driver failed to stop at the stop sign. Is that acceptable?

I would suggest "MX on a test drive crashes after speeding through a stop sign and hitting a curb". Why mention the wheel tearing off in the title at all? The title makes people wonder whether it was a suspension failure rather than just inevitable crash damage.

I would suggest "MX on a test drive crashes after speeding through a stop sign and hitting a curb". Why mention the wheel tearing off in the title at all? The title makes people wonder whether it was a suspension failure rather than just inevitable crash damage.

Sure, but the MX was not the thing speeding the driver was (FSD vs human control)
Did it crash after hitting the curb, or was hitting the curb itself the crash? (it did not hit anything else from what I saw).

My nominee for most pedantic title:
MX wheel removed by curb when test driver fails to negotiate turn while speeding through stop sign.

(I'm iffy on while vs after...) ;)

Sure, but the MX was not the thing speeding the driver was (FSD vs human control)
Did it crash after hitting the curb, or was hitting the curb itself the crash? (it did not hit anything else from what I saw).

My nominee for most pedantic title:
MX wheel removed by curb when test driver fails to negotiate turn while speeding through stop sign.

(I'm iffy on while vs after...) ;)

Fair point. How about:-

"Woman crashes MX while on test drive after speeding through a stop sign"

No mention of curbs or wheels as they are both incidental to the "crash". I'm a bit uncomfortable with using "woman" because it might be seen as sexist by some, but "person" or "human" doesn't sound quite right, lol.

Fair point. How about:-

"Woman crashes MX while on test drive after speeding through a stop sign"

No mention of curbs or wheels as they are both incidental to the "crash". I'm a bit uncomfortable with using "woman" because it might be seen as sexist by some, but "person" or "human" doesn't sound quite right, lol.

Historically, the first thread was about the wheel being separated, so central to the thread.

Tag lines-
Driver writes checks that MX can't cash.

You want the MX? You can't handle the MX!

FSD, 'cause people...

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes