Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX sluggish display compared to M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the process of selling my model 3 and looking to pickup a used Model X for the family. I noticed a significant difference in the touchscreen lag. Any insights on what model years the hardware may have been upgraded to a bit snappier MCU? Are any on par with the '18 M3's?

I'm in the process of selling my model 3 and looking to pickup a used Model X for the family. I noticed a significant difference in the touchscreen lag. Any insights on what model years the hardware may have been upgraded to a bit snappier MCU? Are any on par with the '18 M3's?

Mcu2 came in March 2018 builds That is equivalent to M3

• Informative
Reactions: seantay00
Pre-March 2018 S and X cars they had a much slower MCU. Get one later than that time from to get the new 64-bit processor MCU. Mine is pretty snappy, but it is an apples to orange comparison because of the different screen resolutions and multiple displays in the S and X instead of the all-in-1 display on the Model 3.

Pre-March 2018 S and X cars they had a much slower MCU. Get one later than that time from to get the new 64-bit processor MCU. Mine is pretty snappy, but it is an apples to orange comparison because of the different screen resolutions and multiple displays in the S and X instead of the all-in-1 display on the Model 3.
Is there anything in between what I experienced in a 2016 Model X and the MCU 2 noted in the post march? Essentially any improvements in a potential late 2017 model, or basically have to go 2018 or accept sluggish MCU 1?

Is there anything in between what I experienced in a 2016 Model X and the MCU 2 noted in the post march? Essentially any improvements in a potential late 2017 model, or basically have to go 2018 or accept sluggish MCU 1?

Not that I am aware of, but others may have additional information.

There are bunch of articles online and they may have additional info. Also, there was supposed to be an upgrade program, but I am not sure if that every happened, or the related cost of the such a swap.

I wouldn’t call mcu1 sluggish it still works ;)... it’s just the zooming on navigation where u can notice difference ..otherwise u would have to get >March 18 build if u want the snappy mcu​

Reactions: seantay00
One other thing AP2.5 started in mid 2017 on the X ..feature wise sentry more records AP2.0 still can’t record on sentry
Yea- I was wondering if the AP2.5 in '17 might have had increased processing power for the additional cameras. I suppose its possible that didn't translate to any graphical processing power increase for the interface itself. It's nit picky and I'm certain I can live with the older MCU 1... it just feels like going from my iMac to an old Pentium laptop running windows. Maybe not that different... but you get the point. :)

Reactions: P85_DA