Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mx sunday drive energy consumption comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey y all,

if y all are just as curious as i am on the energy consumption of a sunday drive, then let s post some numbers w or wo screenshots of your sunday drive,

highway ~240 wh/mi
city ~225 wh/mi

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 44
Please understand that you would have to provide all the details of your exact vehicle year/trim/etc as well as what 'highway' driving means (speed, elevation, temp, etc). 240 wh/mi looks like a mistype as well.

ok so previously when my mx on tires 265 (275) 45 20 - on rims 20" mx slipstreams staggered, the wh/mi were:

highway 330 wh/mi
city 310 wh/mi

in terms of speed it s sunday driving so that s should speak for itself but if more ref needed, here ya go,

highway speed ~60 mph
city at or below speed limit

temp as seen in pic photo is ~65
flat roads around denver co

and no 240 is not a typo - look at the pic photo i posted,
of course these are on bridgestone alenza summer tires 255 55 19 - ms 19" slipstreams,

Last edited:
Thank you for those extra details. What year is your MX?

Still it seems like you are really doing above average as 240 is like Model 3/Y numbers. Likely the tires and low speeds are the key points tho. For most people highway driving is not 60 mph. Still impressive.

The differences between the 2023 and the 2017 (mine) are pretty dramatic (kWh/mi or MPGe as a general basis for comparison).

T9Rg22U.jpg

ok so previously when my mx on tires 265 (275) 45 20 - on rims 20" mx slipstreams staggered, the wh/mi were:

highway 330 wh/mi
city 310 wh/mi

in terms of speed it s sunday driving so that s should speak for itself but if more ref needed, here ya go,

highway speed ~60 mph
city at or below speed limit

temp as seen in pic photo is ~65
flat roads around denver co

and no 240 is not a typo - look at the pic photo i posted,
of course these are on bridgestone alenza summer tires 255 55 19 - ms 19" slipstreams,
Great numbers but I would love to see the difference in wh/mi between the 20" & 19" wheels at higher speeds. Where I live in SoCal many of the roads are 45mph (most people drive 50-55), and on the hwy/fwy the flow of traffic is 75+ (when there's no traffic of course, and I often take the toll roads which don't have any)

Anyone else experiment with those speeds and wheel sizes? If there is a 20%+ increase in range at those speeds I might have to reconsider my thoughts on wheel aesthetics! 🤣. I really miss my 22" Onyx 😢🤪

2019 X on 22” in Los Angeles, freeway light traffic I am at 330-370wh/mi depending on incline. I’d kill for OPs numbers, but would get murdered going 60mph here.

Have a road trip scheduled in 2 days, so hoping to see what I can really get with steady driving.

Sprite products

"Image is nothing. Thirst is everything. Obey your thirst." In the summer of 1996, Coca-Cola, who manufactures Sprite products, was looking to change the image of its sparkling soda.

so what if the girls next lane over look at you funny...

• Funny
Reactions: tdiggity