Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXP - A few questions before ordering - part 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone - I have a few more "pre-order" questions on the Model X Plaid and since I can no longer edit my first thread, a new "continuation" thread was in order.

#1 - Are the current-delivering 2023 Model X's (LR or Plaid) being delivered with HW4 or HW3? I've heard that HW4 has been delivering since March 2023, but is there any way to confirm that on the car?

#2 - Are the low-voltage batteries still 12V or have they been switched to the 15V architecture that the Model 3 and Model Y's have been using for the past year?

#3 - Are the red brake calipers on the Plaid the same Brembo's used on the performance Model 3 and Model Y or are they different (better) in any way? So many videos I see on Youtube of the MXP highlight just how weak the brakes are in comparison to other vehicles. I have a Model Y Performance and for daily driving/emergency use, the Brembo's seem really good... I'm hoping the Model X Plaid brakes would be equally good, if not better.

#4 - Has there been any rumblings about the Model X Plaid getting the same "track package" (carbon ceramic rotors, wheels, etc.) that the S is getting? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43806620/tesla-model-s-plaid-track-package-200-mph-top-speed/ It would be fantastic if the brake package alone could be ordered for the X the same as the S.

Thanks (again) for any insight on the above!

Last edited:
It will definitely have the 16V li-ion low voltage battery.

I have read about the poor Plaid brakes here on TMC but I have no complaints about my MXP brakes. Though I have only used them for daily driving and 1 emergency when someone turned left in front of me. They stopped the vehicle very quickly - through a combination of swerving and stopping I was able to avoid the other vehicle as well as the curb on the other side of the intersection.

I have not heard anything about a track package for the MXP. Thought I believe the running gear is the same so it should fit.

Reactions: EightBitWhit
It will definitely have the 16V li-ion low voltage battery.

I have read about the poor Plaid brakes here on TMC but I have no complaints about my MXP brakes. Though I have only used them for daily driving and 1 emergency when someone turned left in front of me. They stopped the vehicle very quickly - through a combination of swerving and stopping I was able to avoid the other vehicle as well as the curb on the other side of the intersection.

I have not heard anything about a track package for the MXP. Thought I believe the running gear is the same so it should fit.
Thanks for the input @strider, greatly appreciate that. I would think/hope that the answers to my questions would be 'HW4, 16V, yes and yes' based on prevailing information, but it's actually been a bit difficult to confirm all around.