Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 Model X seems to be bricked by OTA update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking to see if anyone else are in this situation, or have experienced it in the past -

My 2016 Model X displayed a coupe of error messages after a software OTA update last week that read "Car needs Service, car may not restart", and "Reduced Acceleration, contact Tesla service when convenient". The immediate available appointment was a week out, which I took. The car drove for a couple of days with reduced acceleration and no regenerative breaking. However it beame fully unresponsive parked in my garage - does not open doors, nor charge. I had Tesla roadside assistance tow it to the Santa Clara service center where it waits to be diagnosed and could take upto 5 days to diagnose, maybe more time to fix. Totally bummed by the situation ☹️!

We had a similar experience after a recent update and I had to manually open the frunk and connect a battery jumper to get the basics working again. Took it to the service center and they replaced the 12V battery and all is good. Still not certain that the battery needed replacement but all is good now.

Mine is a fault with the temperature regulation system for the HV battery pack (I don't recall precisely what they said). They're working on it. I got a call Monday morning, telling me to bring it in ASAP.

I did get a loaner. It's an S 85 that's in pretty rough shape, but it beats the snot out of Uber credits.