Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2021 MY is totaled at 6k miles. Is FSD transferable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who’s your insurance carrier—I’m switching!
Cincinnati. It’s bundled with my home and umbrella policies. It’s probably slightly higher premium than the commercial providers, but they definitely provide a higher level of service.

I also was given up to 15k to spend on a rental car over the last month. Due to the massive car shortage I was given a BMW 740 and didn’t have to worry at all about overages, which was nice. Although I was very happy to return that boat in exchange for my Y.

The insurance companies absolutely do care and do base their payouts on FMV for a 1 to 1 replacement cost in case of a total loss. If the OP can show the $10k option purchased on the original contract, it is deemed "original factory equipment" which means you will be compensated to replace that as well. Best way to deal with this is to tell the insurance company that you will hire a lawyer in which case, if they lose, and they will, they have to pay for the cost of the attorney as well and thus will settle.
We had a 100% not at fault total loss in California with our 2021 TMY. FSD purchased as part of new vehicle sale was fully reimbursed by Farmers. This was part of an endorsement they provide for an additional premium that guarantees replacement of the vehicle at current list price within first two years if it’s found to be a total loss.