Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 7-seater in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard any schedule when 7-seater Model Y is coming to Europe?

Or perhaps it isn't at all? I think current EU rules say that cars can't have "temporary" seats, so all seats must be able to fit an adult and car must have carrying capacity for at least seats*75kg... Maybe the Y third row simply doesn't allow this? Probably would mean they have to run EuroNCAP collision tests with 7 seats as well.

Interestingly though, some early Model S were fitted with the rear facing child seats at the trunk, even if the car only has type approval for 5 persons... I have no idea how they pulled that off. :)

Anyway, I currently have 7-seater MX P90DL 2016 and am looking for alternatives. We mostly need only 5 seats but sometimes the whole family is together and then it would be convenient if all could fit in the same car.

Has anyone heard any schedule when 7-seater Model Y is coming to Europe?

Or perhaps it isn't at all? I think current EU rules say that cars can't have "temporary" seats, so all seats must be able to fit an adult and car must have carrying capacity for at least seats*75kg... Maybe the Y third row simply doesn't allow this? Probably would mean they have to run EuroNCAP collision tests with 7 seats as well.

Interestingly though, some early Model S were fitted with the rear facing child seats at the trunk, even if the car only has type approval for 5 persons... I have no idea how they pulled that off. :)

Anyway, I currently have 7-seater MX P90DL 2016 and am looking for alternatives. We mostly need only 5 seats but sometimes the whole family is together and then it would be convenient if all could fit in the same car.
AFAIK Berlin does not make 7 seaters. If Shanghai is making them, they are not exporting them for sure.
Canada has no such restrictions about 7 seats and MY 7 seaters were coming freely from the US. Then they changed the source so everything comes from Shanghai now and took the 7 seat option off from the website.