Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car is constantly waking and making banging noises in the garage. Am I just being paranoid or...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 2020.12.1 is rolling out. Hopefully it fixes this insomnia issue.

I got a call this morning from service who re-pushed the original 2020.12 to my car but this reinstall did not fix the insomnia. I asked about a new version this morning and he wasn’t aware of timing.

Got 2020.12.1 tonight. Car hasn’t reconnected to WiFi in over 2 hours. Think we’re fixed!

upload_2020-3-27_22-1-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-27_22-1-15.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-27_22-1-15.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: fseir
Same here. I tried so many things. Disconnect my Bluetooth, sign out from the app. Reset and hard reset the car. Disconnected from WiFi. So annoying all I here stupid wake up noise.
So this thread my problem was fixed by the next software update last year... however my car started doing it again after 2021.4.3 and so did a bunch of others, check this thread. Tesla replaced my charge port ECU last week and it resolved the problem, a few others in this thread had the same fix. Open a service request

This issue has been happening on my brand new MYP that we picked up end of April. I've been dealing with Tesla service for months. They have had the car on 3 different occasions now totaling almost a month in service. They keep pointing at different issues. The latest excuse is that their own app, the widget on the iOS version in particular, is causing this. We removed the widget from our phone and they claimed that fixed it. A few days later it just started up again. They will not listen to my research and will only consider a computer replacement 45 days after password reset.
They either are completely clueless, aren't allowed to change parts or just don't care. All three of which are frightening for such a relatively young company looking to build customer satisfaction. Per MA lemon law they will now get one more chance from me to fix it.