Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My driver door closes by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime between my last service appointment for unrelated issues and the last update, I noticed that sometimes my front door closes by itself. I assumed that I touched the brake and didn't realize. But today, as I was getting out of my car at a restaurant, I was waiting for the valet to come over while the door was open, the door suddenly just closed shut. Is this a new feature or is my car suddenly insane?

Yes. Auto walk away is enabled but I was a foot away from the door. It also happens when I get into the car and sit down, before my foot touches the brake pedal. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice it isn't a coincidence. As for the key in the pocket thing, I get that except that this never happened before my last update/service pickup. Very strange.

Yesterday I was sitting in the drivers seat with the door open chatting with a friend. Every 10 seconds or so, the door would attempt to close. And I do not have the auto opening enabled. This seems to be a new behavior since .45. Will try a reboot to see if this eliminates the behavior.