Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Model 3 Sighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Long time viewer, first time poster, just want to thank you all for making the wait a little easier with all your photos and information over the last just about two years now!

Let me preface this with I have no new information, just a unique sighting and another positive opinion on the car that a lot of us are all so patiently awaiting.

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It's way over on the east coast of Canada so you can imagine that even with a pre-event online order, as a non-owner I'm still very low on the priority list to get a Model 3 in North America. There are also very few Tesla's in the province but nothing crazy. I didn't think I'd see a Model 3 (after years of researching and following the company) until either a trip to California in the summer or an official viewing by Tesla in Montreal (the closest store to me, two provinces over).

HOWEVER, I was on reddit yesterday morning and saw this:

kC1zXNp.jpg

In shock, I jumped in my car and went searching. Conveniently that photo was taken a block from my house (Halifax is small). Sadly it wasn't there but a kind redditor sent me a private message with an updated location a couple blocks over. I rushed over and found it. Here are the photos I took, the VIN, and a very informal rough comparison in size to my 2011 BMW 328xi.

EuA7mDf.jpg

ExQOp4X.jpg

Z2whdoE.jpg

taVQrFQ.jpg

Dn9vNw4.jpg

NeJQ46Y.jpg

nmLAzR3.jpg

ERwRXqb.jpg

JnpVNo4.jpg

I've got to say, those of you who have seen the car weren't lying, pictures do not do it justice. It's a very pretty car in person. It's near perfect size for me personally and where it looks awkwardly proportioned in photos from some angles, all of that is gone in person. And the steering wheel looks like a beautiful size!

Overall, this unicorn sighting was incredible and wow the wait just got a lot harder. I want one!

I didn't get to speak to the driver as I had to go back to work but my only guess for an engineer being here (aside from the testing) would be to meet with Dr. Jeff Dahn who works with Dalhouse University (a block from where I found the Model 3) who is working on battery tech with Tesla.

Tesla Motors signs first Canadian university research agreement with Dalhousie University

Thanks for reading!

First sighting of a Model 3 in Montreal. We were just passing through Montréal on our way back home to Toronto when we decided to stop by the Montreal Tesla dealership to show my wife the colours because she can’t decide between the blue or the red for her upcoming Model 3 (first day reservation, Model X owner). And the Model 3 that was in Halifax just last Tuesday was there before our eyes, supercharging. We couldn’t believe it. It is so nice to finally be able to see it’s size in the flesh so to speak. It is gorgeous and a much more proportional car than the Model S which I’ve always found to be a really big car. Now we really can’t wait for mid-summer 2018 to come!

Attachments

• 04E35CF0-7016-424B-98A2-958F9715D195.jpeg
    04E35CF0-7016-424B-98A2-958F9715D195.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 98
  • E3C29DB9-0369-4B6B-AFCF-6F05E539218F.jpeg
    E3C29DB9-0369-4B6B-AFCF-6F05E539218F.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 997983CE-2BB0-4524-9DD4-0737E1C37156.jpeg
    997983CE-2BB0-4524-9DD4-0737E1C37156.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 73
  • FE7E3D0C-C1A1-4E5A-AFC8-214BFFCC368D.jpeg
    FE7E3D0C-C1A1-4E5A-AFC8-214BFFCC368D.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ED18E46D-CD38-499F-AA56-D29AAE8F3CB0.jpeg
    ED18E46D-CD38-499F-AA56-D29AAE8F3CB0.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Phthalate and T34ME
I agree, the first closest supercharger is in Rivière-du-Loup, Québec. That’s 815 km away from Halifax. I wonder where he charged and how long he had to wait? Incidentally that won’t be a problem by the end of 2018 according to the projected supercharger network for Canada. I also wonder if he’s going across the country all the way to Victoria?

I agree, the first closest supercharger is in Rivière-du-Loup, Québec. That’s 815 km away from Halifax. I wonder where he charged and how long he had to wait? Incidentally that won’t be a problem by the end of 2018 according to the projected supercharger network for Canada. I also wonder if he’s going across the country all the way to Victoria?
I'd take that map with a grain (64.8mg) of salt. Tesla's been notorious for posting "coming soon" superchargers which never get built. That supercharger in Winnipeg, for example, has been "coming this year" for YEARS now.

Last edited: