Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first monthly payment is coming up - where do *you* make your payments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
financed through Tesla Finance LLC

Believe it or not, you are pretty unusual to be financed directly through Tesla. Most people get set up with Alliant or US Bank or some other company when they fill out the loan application from Tesla. Very, very few people actually get set up with Tesla Finance. So, we probably won’t be much help if you are looking for alternative payment options.

Reactions: DMack
I do have Alliant autotransferring the payment; but I pay everything else on autobill pay. If my bank messes up, they are responsible for it. Many things are electronic transfer using bill pay, these days. I know my mortgage and electric bill are. For the things I can, I want to control the payment. And most of them change monthly or annually (mortgage). The car loan is fixed, so, that's good to go for the life of the loan.

I've never had a problem with monthly auto-recurring pay for my car, or house mortgage since I've been using it in over 15 years. You've never used billpay for anything? I don't use anything else. I used to print off Quicken printer checks back in the day; I think the last time I did that was in 1999. Now I might hand write one or two checks a year now. Alliant, I think, is a cheaper rate, if they pull the money, so I let them do it.
Sorry to tell you, but it is definitely still your fault, not your banks. The company your paying doesn't care who it gets the money from, just that they get it. If your bank happens to not send the check to pay your credit card bill, you're still going to get hit with a late fee and possible impacts to your credit.

The bank may reimburse you for the late fee etc, but you will still be on file as being late, and if enough time goes by, they can't do anything to fix the credit history.

Reactions: DMack
FYI: I got my first bill for Oct 21st pay date and I setup with my banks online bill pay system, and on 21st my bank notified that they are unable to pay. spoke with them and found the reason why, I hope you don't make the same mistake.

the address to pay on the statement says:

US Bank
New Jersey - Indirect Lending
PO Box 790179
St. Louis MO

so on my billing system the mistake I made is i put "New Jersey - Indirect Lending" in address line1 and PO Box in address line 2 and company as US Bank, but guess what my bank ignored the address line 2 and sent the payment and it came back. finally I removed the "New Jersey - Indirect Lending" line at all and just put in the PO Box. I should've known this before, my bad.