Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My flat tire experience (Model Y 19) April 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently encountered a flat tire issue with my 2022 Model Y while driving on Highway 80 West toward San Francisco. My Tesla alerted me of low tire pressure in the rear left, and upon pulling over at the next exit, I discovered two nails lodged in the tire. Fortunately, I had a spare tire (aftermarket and smaller than the original) and replaced it myself, proceeding on my journey with reduced speed.

Upon completing my business, I took the damaged tire to America's Tire, where they found one nail hole that couldn't be repaired due to its location and advised me to replace the tire. They also recommended replacing two tires, as one was nearing the end of its life. I went ahead and replaced both rear tires, which had only covered 24,810 miles, for a total cost of $780. In hindsight, I realize that I should have searched online for better deals before going to America's Tire.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 6.11.56 PM.png
DBBAFC94-D62B-439B-A214-7C3E5857F4AD_1_105_c.jpeg
F17FF16E-2076-4066-8BCE-EC977480DD99_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: AJ..
I recently encountered a flat tire issue with my 2022 Model Y while driving on Highway 80 West toward San Francisco. My Tesla alerted me of low tire pressure in the rear left, and upon pulling over at the next exit, I discovered two nails lodged in the tire. Fortunately, I had a spare tire (aftermarket and smaller than the original) and replaced it myself, proceeding on my journey with reduced speed.

Upon completing my business, I took the damaged tire to America's Tire, where they found one nail hole that couldn't be repaired due to its location and advised me to replace the tire. They also recommended replacing two tires, as one was nearing the end of its life. I went ahead and replaced both rear tires, which had only covered 24,810 miles, for a total cost of $780. In hindsight, I realize that I should have searched online for better deals before going to America's Tire.

View attachment 930974View attachment 930976View attachment 930977

What do you think of your spare tire?

No, I didn't - if you can send me the link, I'll take a look at it.