Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR Fremont VIN for PA delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm located in PA, been waiting for MY LR since October 2021. Just got a Fremont VIN assigned :( Do I have an option to opt for a Made in Texas instead?
No. They are not in full production in Texas yet, and it appears the model they are going to initially produce is different from what is currently available (MY SR AWD vs MYLR and MYP). Your only option would be to cancel this order and start again when they Texas cars are available to order. BTW, the current cars are great!

Reactions: mservoss
I'm located in PA, been waiting for MY LR since October 2021. Just got a Fremont VIN assigned :( Do I have an option to opt for a Made in Texas instead?
I'm in WV and also ordered in October 21. I will gladly take a Freemont MYLR. Remember all the fit and finish problems with the early model Y's? Freemont seems to have worked out most of those issues. Austin may very well have initial issues like Freemont did. I do think it's odd that they are going to start production in Austin with a model that isn't for sale. Lots of people like us have been waiting a long time.

Start flipping MYLRs. Estimated delivery for a MYLR order made today is Nov 22 - Feb 23. Pay the $250 now for a chance to get an Austin MYLR. If that still isn't enough time, cancel that reservation and make another. In the meantime, you have a MYLR order from Oct 21 that's already worth much more than you paid for it. Go ahead and put 20K miles on the new car since it doesn't seem to matter. The only downfall is if you live in a state like CA that doesn't allow you to deduct the taxes from the trade in. Even then...you'll still make a profit over the $250-$500 you'll put down on new reservations and the money you paid for taxes. You'll buy the next new car at the reservation price, but at least it's not like an ICE car losing value when you drive off the lot. Also, you get a newer car.

Reactions: ytpemium1